5 Door or not 5 door... this is my question

Hello... I am still looking for a nice little Micra and have just found a cheap little 5 door....
What are everyone's thoughts on 5 doors... Good.. no good... cool... not cool ?
I don't want to be shunned by everybody when I do eventually become a member of this club ?
Any advice will be much appreciated

Go with whatever is best for you, if you have people in and out the back often then 5 door is better, if it's just you and A.N.Other then it really doesn't matter.

Go with whatever is best for you, if you have people in and out the back often then 5 door is better, if it's just you and A.N.Other then it really doesn't matter.
Yeah but I was wondering if was worth waiting for a three door to come along... or are they more sought after... its all about the credibility... init ?

I've had nothing but 5 doors, for accessibility it's a no brainer for me, as I put a bit of cargo in sometimes and that suits me.
If you looking for a more sporty look and not bothered about side access, then a 3 door would suit.

Thanks for your replies... the one I'm going to look at on Saturday is a five door... and if I buy it I'll own my first Micra... and it'll have five doors ?

Depending upon your appetite for torque, you might find the 1L a bit gutless!
Yes I'm a little concerned it will be too gutless... but it is what it is... I think this car is worth buying as a little investment anyway... and I'm impatient.
I've been looking for one for a long time... don't have a lot of money so it had to be the right one if you know what I mean.
And this might not be it yet.

And I'm guessing there are ways and means of getting a little more out of a 1L anyway ?
Always ways of messing around with them a bloke on u tube does a video of all these mods on a 1L to get a power of a 1.3L can't see the point, when you could spend the cash on a 1.3L IMHO.

Though, around town they great and if it's a low mileage example in good condition then you can't be choosey about the engine L status!

Prefacelift or Coilpack?

I have only had prefacelift version, I gather the Coilpacks don't tend to rust as much, as prefacelift.

If it's a preface lift version check the sills (sunroof drains into them) and front crossmember (bottom of where the radiator sits), take a decent touch with you (not a piddly one), you want good throw of light to see, if any bad corrosion, welding is pricey now, as it's a dying trade within the vehicle industry, so by doing these checks saves you money or negotiating a better price. :)

Always ways of messing around with them a bloke on u tube does a video of all these mods on a 1L to get a power of a 1.3L can't see the point, when you could spend the cash on a 1.3L IMHO.

Though, around town they great and if it's a low mileage example in good condition then you can't be choosey about the engine L status!

Prefacelift or Coilpack?
It's a 2000... so I believe that's a coilpack ?

I have only had prefacelift version, I gather the Coilpacks don't tend to rust as much, as prefacelift.

If it's a preface lift version check the sills (sunroof drains into them) and front crossmember (bottom of where the radiator sits), take a decent touch with you (not a piddly one), you want good throw of light to see, if any bad corrosion, welding is pricey now, as it's a dying trade within the vehicle industry, so by doing these checks saves you money or negotiating a better price. :)
Thanks... I always feel a bit awkward poking around a car for too long in front of someone that just wants to sell it ?
But I obviously get its important

A little checklist would be good for me... like doing a service ?

Not sure where you are located, ok it's a 3 door and had the odd dent (though can be pulled out), though if didn't get any bids around £750-800 etc for 46k on the clock with service history. It has MOT until September and Ok it has had a spot of welding on the seat belt anchor point 2 years ago (according to the MOTs), but it hasn't got a sunroof where the water will run into the sills. There are some low mileage ones out there!

Both a bit too far... my T4 head has gone so I'm relying on lifts ? and my Auntie couldn't cope in London ? I'm in Devon by the way.
I appreciate it though...
And I'm getting the feeling this one I'm looking at on Saturday is NOT going to be the one... not overly happy with the messages... chasing them for pics... which I got tonight obviously taken as it was getting dark ? I'm not filled with confidence.. hey ho what can I do.
They're apparently going to take some more pics tomorrow... maybe I'll be surprised.
Thank you

Both a bit too far... my T4 head has gone so I'm relying on lifts ? and my Auntie couldn't cope in London ? I'm in Devon by the way.
I appreciate it though...
And I'm getting the feeling this one I'm looking at on Saturday is NOT going to be the one... not overly happy with the messages... chasing them for pics... which I got tonight obviously taken as it was getting dark ? I'm not filled with confidence.. hey ho what can I do.
They're apparently going to take some more pics tomorrow... maybe I'll be surprised.
Thank you
What as in VW T4 head?
No worries, now I know where you are I'll keep a look out!
If it doesn't feel correct, then run with your guts instinct. The 2nd hand market has picked up in terms of cost of decent vehicles, but there are some sellers (IMHO), asking way too much for a pile of junk.

What as in VW T4 head?
No worries, now I know where you are I'll keep a look out!
If it doesn't feel correct, then run with your guts instinct. The 2nd hand market has picked up in terms of cost of decent vehicles, but there are some sellers (IMHO), asking way too much for a pile of junk.
Yeah VW T4... where most of my money goes ?
Thank you I'd appreciate that

here's my preface 5dr.
it's practical & easy to access for daily use.
the 3dr is slightly lighter & stiffer from the missing door structure good for sporty use (although both versions can be stiffened with rollcage or X-brace if needed) but at the expense of rear access.

3.jpg

https://www.micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobile-ii-specification.65262/

here's my preface 5dr.
it's practical & easy to access for daily use.
the 3dr is slightly lighter & stiffer from the missing door structure good for sporty use (although both versions can be stiffened with rollcage or X-brace if needed) but at the expense of rear access.

3.jpg

Yeah they're just going up and up... you can't lose money on a T4.
I absolutely love my van... wouldn't sell it for anything ?
Yeah the reason why I sold my T3 was I wanted an automatic and PAS. Not much choice out there selection wise in the T4 for autos. I will probably go Jap (Mazda, Toyota etc) for the campervan in 2023, as already have this years holidays already booked!

Oh my god... You can't show me this ?
I'm not sure if I'm jealous or aroused.
I love it.. I want one so bad ?
hehe thanks :p
mine's just 1 example of many other cool builds & what's possible when u put enough dedication into ur passion, build your perfect car for you ;)

Not sure where you are located, ok it's a 3 door and had the odd dent (though can be pulled out), though if didn't get any bids around £750-800 etc for 46k on the clock with service history. It has MOT until September and Ok it has had a spot of welding on the seat belt anchor point 2 years ago (according to the MOTs), but it hasn't got a sunroof where the water will run into the sills. There are some low mileage ones out there!

No bids... and I'm now the proud new owner of my very first Micra ?

No bids... and I'm now the proud new owner of my very first Micra ?
Nice one, you can't go wrong with one with that low mileage!
You could smarten the bodywork fairly cheaply, get paint code and touch up the bumper, suction puller for the dent, probably won't eliminate it completely, but could vastly reduce it. The door damage, run some of that door protector strip on and probably cover it (I did that strip stuff with mine), as mine had the same door damage.

Nice one, you can't go wrong with one with that low mileage!
You could smarten the bodywork fairly cheaply, get paint code and touch up the bumper, suction puller for the dent, probably won't eliminate it completely, but could vastly reduce it. The door damage, run some of that door protector strip on and probably cover it (I did that strip stuff with mine), as mine had the same door damage.
Well I hope so mate... I'll get it all spot on... I have a feeling that dent is just going to pop out and disappear forever ?

Hello... I am still looking for a nice little Micra and have just found a cheap little 5 door....
What are everyone's thoughts on 5 doors... Good.. no good... cool... not cool ?
I don't want to be shunned by everybody when I do eventually become a member of this club ?
Any advice will be much appreciated
The 3 doors look a bit cooler but I love my 5 door with a passion she's been in our family for 22 years ❤ lol

Back