Modifying K11 5 door!?

K

Kel Singh

Hi guys...im a newbie!

firstly i'd like to say wat an amazing site for the micra!! a very good job n a well done to the founder!

ok i'm sorry if this sounds bizarre, i'm just askin for peoples opinions..

i've got a 5-door micra 1998 (K11) and have seen many micras with body mods..n they ,including others "modded" cars, have all been 3-doors.

wat do u guys think of me gettin a body mod on a 5-door? would that look too stupid or not?

thanks in advance.

Kel

A

Anna-K11

Definately not a stupid idea!!! I have got a 5 door and I know a few more guys on here have as well and they can look just as good if not better, there is no way a 3 door would be practical for me but I love modding my five door. I don't have a bodykit but I have made several changes in the engine bay and inside and have debadged it, i have modded the front grille, added alloys, clear side repeaters and am just waiting to get a fab spoiler fitted, a new exhaust is on its way and then I plan to lower it. Please don't be put off by having a 5 door just enjoying modding it, besides in japan they all prefer them and you are more likely to find a modded 5 door over there. anyway welcome!!!

B

Beachboy

RE: RE: Modifying K11 5 door!?

JayY said:
i think its fine! alot of the 2.0 and turbo conversions in taiwan are 5-door
i believe thats because they only come with 5 door in taiwan.
i passionately hate 5 doors to be honest. but thats not really based on looks but on performance terms.

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
5 doors all the way :) i have found it so much easier to get large crap in the back like bikes if you can open the back doors, and i have seen enough people fall out of 3 doors hehe,

5 doors are practical and i think it's stupid having a car that isn't practical like one that is so low you can't do more the 5mph and have to plan routes avoiding speed bumps lol....

welcome to the site keep the 5 door modding dream alive :p

I've only got a 3-door, but nice-1 for going at it anyway. Personally I think ANY car can look good with enough time and money put into it. It all depends on what you do it.

Dr Zoidberg

Ex. Club Member
hi and welcome :)

5 doors can look good and i wouldn't let that put you off modding it.

suppose you could add side skirts quite easy enough and then super s/sr bumpers + spoiler (if don't have one). thats how i'd have a 5 door if i owned one :D

NeX

Club Member
here is an example :)

see five doors can look the don and are still practical.

i've heard M3 skirts fit on a five door.....

22421.jpg

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
Beachboy said:
JayY said:
i think its fine! alot of the 2.0 and turbo conversions in taiwan are 5-door
i believe thats because they only come with 5 door in taiwan.
i passionately hate 5 doors to be honest. but thats not really based on looks but on performance terms.

ANd because they have the extra wight of the extra 2 doos mecahnisms etc i another reason u dont like them :p

Lou

Ex. Club Member
well, here ya go! my car with similar M3 skirts, not sprayed, really need to get them fitted and sprayed now! lol!

DSC04476.jpg

DSC04478.jpg

And the install - not finished yet

DSC04481.jpg

DSC04479.jpg

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
Lou - Looks like you losing the rear seats then?
It's looking good! Can I advise one thing though, colour code mirrors, boot handle, door handles and side strips or remove them. makes the car look loads better.

P

Pyro

Definately colour code some bits there, you'll love it afterwards. Im still busy doin my bits, Its a sh#tload of work but well worth it, I havent got to many upgrades yet but the coding helps a lot! Still got my mirrors 2 do though...

NeX

Club Member
very good looking 5 door there lou,

how easy is it to fit M3 skirts because i can grab some from ascrap yard if they're a straight bolt on?

A

Anna-K11

Love the skirts Lou, hope you don't mind me asking but where did you get them? Thanks....Anna

N

Nismo_K11_998

micras are one of those cars that can look good in 3 or 5 doors,
mines a 5 door and i thinmk it looks pretty good,

if you are after a kit for one though, check out wald, they do a kit that will fit both, and i personally think it is the best kit i have ever seen for a micra,

only problem is that as micras are less popular in the uk than they are in japan you would have to import one, but what ever it costs it has to be worth the money.

OP
OP
K

Kel Singh

hey guys!

thanks for the welcomes and the feedback! really appreciate it. So now u guys made me happy..i can start doin some stuff to my micra!

i have had a look at the wald body kit n nismo said its the best one they've seen. I personally think its not bad, but i'll post u some pics in a new thread of two micra's with one wald kit and the other a custom made one.

Thanks again.

Kel

Can i just say dont think anything is not worth modifying, i have a five door automatic k11 and everyone thought i was jokin when i started modding it and now i do get comments on how i've made it look good.
as long as your happy with it confidence in your own car will shine through! (deep moment there)
stu

Lou

Ex. Club Member
the skirts came off another micra, so dont go thinkin im magic with those!

i have a super s boot, waiting to fit it now, all the electrics look a bit tricky for me! in white too! yey!

colour code, would like the mirrors done, will do soon, and got one side trim off, just got to do the others now!

bonnet, well thats a magnat, as the whole install is magnat gear and the car will be totally graphiced! lol!

all done on budget too! not too bad! will post some more progress pics later!

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
must say this thread is very possitive nice to see people trying diffrent things, i can tell you one thing when lou's finsihed the car will be the don, he has told me many plans for it when hes done it will defintaly be one of the best k11's on here :D

Attachments

• bumpstrips.doc
    21.5 KB · Views: 355

Lou

Ex. Club Member
alrite matty boy! yeh, its guna sex wee all over ur k10! hehe! two shiny white micras on the south coast! will look pretty cool at the local cruises!