35mm Drop- Spring preference?

Want to do the initial drop of my Micra on the cheap and not change the dampers till I decide to lower later.

What are your opinions on the 35mm drop springs on the market; Spax, Apex and FK are they all much the same or are any to be avoided?

Want to do the initial drop of my Micra on the cheap and not change the dampers till I decide to lower later.
What are your opinions on the 35mm drop springs on the market; Spax, Apex and FK are they all much the same or are any to be avoided?
To be perfectly honest buddy. Wait. i don't see why you would want to drop it -35mm then lower it more later?
Save up for a complete kit, -50mm springs/shocks/bushes etc. what you might find you need.
Instead you could buy a new exhaust system, backbox, speakers, headunit etc.

As for the springs I'm sure Spax, Apex etc. are all fairly similar at -35mm springs.

Good luck with whatever you do! and get up some piccy's (Y)

Right well the thing is the car is on long term loan from my uncle, so two things: 1) I'm going for the 35mm drop because I may have to give it back and I don't want it looking or feeling like a boy-racer's car, but 2) at the same time i'd like the car to handle a bit better cos at the moment it is like a boat.

Im not sure what the future may hold I might end up keeping it in which case I would proceed with the 50mm drop.

No one seems to mention FK springs though they are the cheapest, quality not as good?

Attachments

• SDC11045.JPG
    SDC11045.JPG
    275.1 KB · Views: 391
Yeah Micras are feather weights! Wow! Ok so will probably go a set of SPAX they seems to be about the 120 mark not seen them cheaper unless you chaps can help.

As regard exhaust system was gonna go with the Sportex Peter Lloyd system anyone use this?

Too good to be true? Reviews online seem seem to be ok, should i go for them? They would only be on the car a season before I decide the next move....

Damn it at that price im gonna go for them, worth a shot!
Even if I had the balls to cut my springs, with my angle grindin skill im likely to cut the main fuel line and blow myself and the car up!

Back