2mm Head gasket

CMF_Michiel

» CMF Member
Because 2mm head gasket are pretty rare or very expensive, I was wondering is it possible to mount 2 standard gasket on top of each other to lower the compression?

If this is not possible what other options are available to lower my compression without spending over a couple hundred dollars or euros?

Thanks.

CMF_Ed

» CMF Member
No, No, NOOOOO! Don't do this. Do it the right way. How much do you have to spend?
I have just had a piston design made that will give you a 8:1 compression ratio, use the standard con rod's if you cant afford to upgrade and only need minor engine re-working (0.5mm overbore) that is the right way to do it...

Ed

CMF_Ed

» CMF Member
When I have the first set back which will be this month I'll know for sure. I estimate around £650 including new rings and gudgeon pins.

CMF_Ed

» CMF Member
Yes absolutely. They are TURBO pistons designed for the job. If done right they should take as much as you can throw at them.

Ed

CMF_Michiel

» CMF Member
A technician here in Holland suggested also new pistons.
Price for pistons and rings is about 800 euros.
Total price was about 1600 euros including fitting.

I thought maybe a thicker head gasket was cheaper, also because I can place it myself.

Maybe next year, need to save some money first :)

Is it possible to make the original pistons made flatter to lower compression?

CMF_knotan

» CMF Member
where i work we have done a few gaskets from normal "gasket papersheets"
dont know the right word, but ordinary gasket material you can cut out own gaskets with a scissors

then cut out a "ring" in cupper (or normal steel, much cheeper). the rings shold have a 3-4mm larger diameter than the bore in cylinderhead.

3 pcs 1mm gasketmaterial with gasketglue inbetween, then cut oute the rings from 2mm .

that is IF you have a company near that have a waterjetmachine....

Back