producing 2mm head gasket by myself

mik

» CMF Member
Hi Friends,
i talked with a guy working at a laser cuting factory. I told him that i want to produce a head gasket for the micra with 2mm thickness or maybe less. He told me that this is no big deal, and i asked him how much it would cost. He said if i would give him an original head gasket, he will take about 200$ once, for compiling it into laser machine data. After this step, he can produce a gasket for about 10$ a piece!

The Material will be aluminium (AlMg3)
Anyone know's if that material is ok?

Maybe if anyone's interessted, i will produce more gaskets and will ship it. There's only the thing with the material, which i don't know. Maybe you can help me :)

Have a nice day/night
mik

mik

» CMF Member
Ok cool, thanks for that seanno :)
Now the only question is, if anyone knows the material on a standart CG Head/HeadGasket and if anyone knows if this material AIMg3 will last for an darkside micra.

mik

» CMF Member
Ok, i've just phoned with the guy again.
I think we'll do a metal gasket, as he said they're more durable than the aluminium ones. I'll give feedback, what will happen to this project.

mik

» CMF Member
Hm yeah, O-Ringing would be great too, but i need the 2mm Gasket for Lowering the Compression. How thick is the stock one?

CMF_Tseq

» CMF Member
I might be interested in one for a turbo conversion to my 1.0
The gasket should be prety the same with 1.3.It depends on the price.I can have a custom one made for 150€.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Well White Knight was decked and O ringed and an alum. head gasket fitted. It leaked.
So went back to a composite gasket and no problems.
Cisco runs an alum.one exactly same as mine and has had no problems so think maybe mine a one off thing.
I am old fashioned as I like composite gaskets which have a bit of "give" but being decked and O ringed it should not have been a problem as it would have been a better match between the 2 surfaces than when it came out of the factory.
Weird.

Back