2 speed gearbox

not that simple since 1st isn't opposite reverse. You could open up the gearbox and remove the relevant hubs to prevent engagement. Quite why you would want to do this though..

cheers frank....... ed building an autotest car need shot of the h gate so i have a straight throw from first to reverse to grab them extra seconds....instead of going for reverse grabing 4th n lurching forward n stalling.....cheers

Hmm, well in that case, you would need to open up the box and just make it impossible to select any other gear. You have to use both X and Y axis of movement on the standard gear selector so its not possible to do what frank suggested without a re-design of the internal selector fork mechanism. Its not something I've ever needed to do, but knowing the design I'd say it is possible.

Could you have a plate machined that only has 1st & reverse available? that you could bolt down over the gaiter?

Not as quick as straight throw but would stop you getting any other gears by accident, and would be alot easier / cheaper than taking the box out

like the easy cheaper option.....mmmm nice bit of ally plate with first n reverse machined out.......any one fancy making me one :D

there,s a guide plate inside the g/box that you could weld-up the unwanted slots, would involve a stripdown tho eh

Back