1995 Micra

Just been to look at a 1.0 micra but wanted your views.

Chap bought it from a lady at work for about £160.
Its got 80k on it and is in average condition. few dents here and there ... just a basic spec 1.0l

its had some welding on the rear drivers sill which looks a bit slapped on but seems solid.

Front cross,member is holed everywhere ..... sides and botton
What throws me is it has an MOT to April 2014 BUT in the advisory it says that the crossmember is "Dangerous".

Now first question is how does a car pass an MOT with an advisory that the crossmember is "dangerous" ?

How much for a new front cross member fitted ?

Just been to look at a 1.0 micra but wanted your views.

Chap bought it from a lady at work for about £160.
Its got 80k on it and is in average condition. few dents here and there ... just a basic spec 1.0l

its had some welding on the rear drivers sill which looks a bit slapped on but seems solid.

Front cross,member is holed everywhere ..... sides and botton
What throws me is it has an MOT to April 2014 BUT in the advisory it says that the crossmember is "Dangerous".

Now first question is how does a car pass an MOT with an advisory that the crossmember is "dangerous" ?

How much for a new front cross member fitted ?

Its a 1995 3 door btw ...

Chap says the local garage will supply and fit a new front cross member for £100 ...... does that sound right to you ? He is a genuine bloke so not questioning him but thats seems bloody cheap to me ?

£100 sounds fair for a garage, if the previous owner was friendly with the garage that'd be how it passed with a dangerous advisory

Back