195/50R15 = scrubbing?

Righteo. Hi there you lot.

I've done a quick search but didn't bring up any solid answers.

Due to tight uni student budget and me wanting decent tyres I have decided to not buy another x2 195/45R15 for my micra. Here in australia this tyre size is VERY rare and VERY expensive. I could buy x2 Bridgestone Potenza GIII for the same price as x1 quality 195/45R15...

Anyway, I'm looking at the Firestone Wideoval (similar to the Potenza GIII).

Will 195/50R15 scrub on my lowered micra? I realise that my current offset causes the passenger side to scrub VERY lightly on the inside plastic splash guard - but I've never heard it do it and I think it would only happen in a hard right hand turn at full lock and a decent speed for the sidewalls to flex noticeably.

As for my current offset - sorry. NFI. Here's a picture which might show the current offset a bit better.

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/3968/img06210s9da.jpg
Image size exceeds forum limits

Please don't tell me how hot/good looking my car is because I already know this. :p

I think its around 25 to 30mm (its a very conservative drop). I rarely have any weight in the back and I am planning on a new set of rims eventually too.

Still running the standard panhard rod because the offset isnt too bad with such a tame drop.

PS: the appearance of a car is all in the attention an owner pays to the small things.

Yes, even the exhaust tip has been polished and alloy wheels have been waxed in that photo. :D

No those aren't March rear lights or the reverse light would be a full band in the middle. It's because fog lights arent required in Australia I think :)

James said:
No those aren't March rear lights or the reverse light would be a full band in the middle. It's because fog lights arent required in Australia I think :)

This man wins the cookie.

just brought some lightweight enkeis with 195/55/R15s

the front scrub light a ##### because there pulsar offset and sit waaaaaay out :D

Back