15" Wheels that fit?

smidge

» CMF Member
Hey guys, I'd like to upgrade from the stock 13"s to a set of 15 inch wheels

can anyone recommend a particular setup?

I'm particularly keen on a set of N14 or N15 SSS wheels which are 4stud and should be the right offset also

anyone know tyre size that will fit inside the guards well?

will the extra weight be a big issue?

cheers guys

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
195/45 R15
185/45 R15

185/55 R14
185/45 R14
175/60 R14

About your only options in australia to keep it close to legal as possible. 195/45r15 and 175/60r14 are the easiest to find.

smidge

» CMF Member
thanks Yom, and i should just keep the offset the same? +45 i believe? i think some SSS pulsar rims would be the go

i tried to PM you on pulsar.org but i don't have permissions to do anything on there!

i was keen to get on the for sale forums to find som 1.5 n15 brake calipers

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Just head to the wreckers mate. Most people on there are asking stupid prices for things which are worth no more than $30 each.

+45 looks poxy on the micra. Pulsar offset looks much better - wider looking stance. Basically that is anywhere between +38 and +42.

If going 15", make sure they're light... Heavy 15" rims will impact severely on your performance and handling.

There's quite a few quality brands available in 195/45 R15 these days (along with quite a few cheap korean/taiwanese/malaysian brands) thanks to the VW Polo coming with this size as standard fitment. Its all about how much you're willing to spend. 185/45 are harder to find, but they exist.

Keep in mind though you're not looking at much less than $130/tyre if you go 15" rim. Plus side is that the only tyres that you can buy in this size are relatively sporty/grippy tyres. Can't say the same for the 175/60r14. The 185/45 and /55 are virtually impossible to find nowdays.

Cheers

CMF_EVLGTI

» CMF Member
Go for the 15" Wheels, I am using some light weight 15's that came from Japan and previously had on my GTiR. I cant remember if they are 6 or 6.5" wide.They look great.
I just have to fix the ride height.
I am using 195/50/15 Falken Azenis tyres

smidge

» CMF Member
got some wheels! had to buy some new tyres for them as one of the tyres had a nail puncture in the sidewall (bugger!)

anyway, got some good quality 195/50/15's so all brand spankers and working well

will get some pics up

CMF_LWC

» CMF Member
Here's a chart of tyre sizes showing illegal sizes in red.

Attachments

• 29197.jpg
    29197.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 53

CMF_sarge3uk

» CMF Member
ive got 195/50/15 and they scrubbed big side wall so my mate came and sorted my rear arches (rolled them)only scrubbed with weight in or over bumps hers a pic

runnung yokohama pardas great tyre

Attachments

• 29266.jpg
    29266.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 42
Back