nats or not

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
:doh: As some are aware reading my other posts i have been trying to complete the 1.6 conversion, well yesterday i fitted looms from a M reg sunny these been smaller than the primera one,s I also took the ecu to match it up. The rest of the day I spent running looms in engine bay whilst inside the cabin they were just loosley laid, come the big moment no spark at plugs I tried the p10 ecu that i have again no spark at plug rechecked engine loom tried again no spark, took out distributer and swaped it for another one again no spark, I was about to give up when I picked up a 1.3 micra pre nats ecu from L reg micra I broke pluged it in and it fired up backfireing spluttering ran like a pig....
I was certain that the sunny I removed looms from didnt have nats the key had no red chip on it there was no pick up ring maybe its nats 1 i dont know this is where you guys come in. If its nats 1 then it wont be embeded in the ecu least i dont think it is, I also dont think I left any little boxes of tricks in sunny I removed everything exept electric window switches I even got the instrument cluster so i could just plug it straight it. have i been mistaken and got a nats 1 loom ive done google search and came up with nothing and its so annoying been this close and still no cigar, good thing that came from it is that i now know for certain that the engine is a runner. I found referances to nats 1 on the primera and how to modify that loom but there is no 8 wire plug on this sunny loom ive looked and found nothing. any idea,s

or do i start from scratch again

there was a black box wired into loom i removed it along with the wires running into it. where it was joined into loom it had just been soldered onto various wires i removed these leaving original loom intact to be honest it looked like a diy job not something that would have been factory fitted.

just an update i now have auto data cd,s with the pinouts for all nissans so this should make things a lot easier for me tomorrow when i have another go at sorting this out....looks like happy days again

Shame your not closer, I could have got it running for you ages ago.

Usually around £150 max if the car is brought to me.

sorry cant get car there......Had i been able to I would have raised the money some how....I have just checked prinouts for looms on autodiscs and the loom i fitted has exactly the same pinouts as the p10 I dont understand this at all it should fire up but it wont, the only life i got out of it was using a pre nats ecu from a 1.3 micra.
also can someone tell me how to identify the ID of an ecu ie model number ect...

Back