100nx ga16

It is, I've got one in post to me as we speak :) late sunny's and early primeras too most likely

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Engine-EC...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item417b3dd195

You doing a 1.6 or are you trying to bodge turbo a 1.3 hoping the spark map is tamer? Because there's no actual proof on the web that I've found that says that it is... the GA's combustion chamber was designed specifically to prevent predetonation for poor fuels, so it#s unlikely that it would actually need a tame spark map...
Very true

The 100nx was "sportier" so I'd assume even more aggressive too :)

In fact, if CG10's have more aggressive spark maps because the lower capacity compared to CG13 means they don't reach as far up the tables, GA16 will give a MORE aggressive spark map than a cg ecu

seems strange that you dont hear of GA.s and SR,s DETing pistons tho aint it, yet me, stani, chris and euromicra have DET,d about 25 piston ringlands between us ??
some of the GA16 forum guys just fit the SR ecu and injectors and run boost for years without problems iirc

As I said, the pentagonal combustion chamber is designed specifically to prevent detting, CG is designed to burn clean eh (CG= Clean Green)

seems strange that you dont hear of GA.s and SR,s DETing pistons tho aint it, yet me, stani, chris and euromicra have DET,d about 25 piston ringlands between us ??
some of the GA16 forum guys just fit the SR ecu and injectors and run boost for years without problems iirc
Don't understand what you're saying? :/

You might be right, but there are enough differences between the engines that it could be explained by things other than spark map. Compression ratios, combustion chamber design, piston design, cam profiles... lots of possibilities. Only a side by side comparison of the tables would show either way.

You might be right, but there are enough differences between the engines that it could be explained by things other than spark map. Compression ratios, combustion chamber design, piston design, cam profiles... lots of possibilities. Only a side by side comparison of the tables would show either way.
CG/GA = same shape combustion chamber, same 9.5 C/R, same piston crown, same 8mm/222deg cam profiles andy, and how come stani ran 8psi for months np, with a GA ecu ? http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/ga16-throttle-body-on-1-3.58620/#post-645135

Not 100% agreeing on the combustion chamber shape... need two side by side and make some moulds to compare :)
same pent roof and quenchsteps :)

image_zpsfc17bcef.jpg
GA16-DE (5)-800x600.jpeg

75/1.3= 57.7 hp/l
100/1.6= 62.5 hp/l

And the GA head is ridiculously restrictive (same exhaust valve size as CG iirc) and same exhaust pipe diameter too

Edit: CG13 would need to have 81.3hp to have same hp/l as a GA16

Last edited:
75/1.275= 58.8hp/l
100/1.597= 62.6hp/l

And yeah, GA's supposedly have a VE of 66% vs 80% for a cg because the head flows so badly on a GA

so not down to the cam profile then :D
Coilpack micras have a different intake and exhaust to a normal CG and have a different cylinder head no?, would only be fair to compare it to the USDM 115hp GA,
85/1.324= 64.2 hp/l
115/1.597= 72.0hp/l

But anyway, this thread is about spark map of GA vs CG ecu, non coilpack is the only translateable ecu so have to use those. And I don't see how the UKDM GA16 has higher hp/l than a CG13 AND have a tamer spark map... GA's aren't massively revvy motors so no cammy power gains

I love reading this ****... If i get funding from a millionaire, I will be the stupid driver, you can be the intelligent car builders who I will pay handsomely :D I will turn to alcohol... ya know how it goes.

Back