GA14 and GA16

does anyone know how much is interchangeable between the ga14 and ga16, it's just i'm looking at a few "upgrades" but they're for the ga16

really i'm sure i read somewhere that they had the same box....... then again i also read somewhere that the 1.4 only had 68bhp lol

GA14 gearbox and driveshafts are different to GA16 ones.

If you plan on modifying the 14 then just drop an SR in. Conversions are pretty cheap.....like really cheap. Would cost the same to modify the GA as it would to go 2 litre.

GA14 gearbox and driveshafts are different to GA16 ones.

If you plan on modifying the 14 then just drop an SR in. Conversions are pretty cheap.....like really cheap. Would cost the same to modify the GA as it would to go 2 litre.

i would but the missus needs to drive it aswell, if i dropped a sr in it she #### kittens

Ah fair enough :L or even a GA16 swap :p

You can't swap internals like CGs as the GA14 has a smaller bore if 73mm as opposed to GA16s 76mm

Cool. Unless you try and get a frankspeed kinda manifold, you'll have to order from the US as no one in the UK stocks them :(

yeah i know been looking for ages.... you'll know scott (seeing as you're into your mera's) does the b13 share the same floor pan as the n15 for the exhaust route?

Nope but B14 does.

B13 is more like a sunny
B14 Is American version of th N15
B15 is American version of the N16

So basically you want a GA16 engined B14 exhaust manifold. Made by OBX. Then mate it to an Almera GTi mid pipe and back box. Bosh, uprated exhaust.

iirc the ga14 gearbox has shorter ratio's so ga14 box with a ga16 would be good upgrade (Y)

as scott said a sr conversion will be less than £300

Back