1.6 ECU is this possible and worth it???

mike stacey

Ex. Club Member
hi i got a k11 1.3 super s was just wondering if i upgrade my ecu to an Almera 1.6 16v would it actually work???? and would it actually make any difference??? or is it just pointless??????
cheers mike

pretty much pointless to be honest sure more ppl will let u know y i jus know its pointless ... sorry i cant help more

stephen

don't know if it makes a difference or not. but i'm running the 1.6 injectors throttle bodies and ecu from a primera. seems to have alot more torque. i'm running 105bhp and 79lb/s of torque.

No, no change in ecu or injectors will suddenly make the car eat more air and make much more power.

not really anything worth writing home about. You can get 130bhp on standard intake and throttle body.

Both, thats the max flow rate for the TB, ~130bhp. Increasing to a 1.6 ECU will knock off your fuel and timing map. Yes the car will work still but if you do it, its pretty pointlessl, even with the 1.6 TB. Although people will tell you the car is faster, they have no proof of this, just what they think.

It can be done NA too. Charged it would be significanly more 200~bhp but it would be imposting restrictions.

old post but intrested in the 130bhp restriction on TB ?!!

Ed (or anyone else), can you confirm that a 1.0l throttle body will be sufficent to run with a 1.6 ECU, injectors ecu etc. and not restrict it ?? i can get the 1.0l to run, i cant get the 1.6

basically a 1.6 engine and 1.0l throttle body ?

the car has ga16de, inducion kit + 2 1/4" straight through pipe and thats basically it.

i cant seem to get it too run on the 1.6l. i have 2 throttle bodys (no gaurentee's they work tho as from scrapyards - i know the 1.0l one is perfect as was removed from a car that was on the road few weeks ago)

im leaning towards a MAF fault, as if i disconnect this it ticks over perfect (altough only revs out to 3k), plug it in and bog's down + runs like an absolute pig. the elements look ok + have been cleaned.

will the fuel pump be upto the job ? or should i swap it for another ? primera fit ? almera ? walbro make uprated one at all ??

thanks

Back