1.6 TB, FAO Titch (and others)

scottish-sr

Ex. Club Member
Does using a 1.6 TB on the 1.3 SR engine make it any more powerful etc and how easy is it to fit?-Take it you would also need an almera k&n for it aswell??

Cheers

from what i heard it gives you more pull thru lower and middle ranges, not that hard to fit apparently either theres a guide in the guides section.

you'll need the 1.6 ecu non nats i think, not sure as people have been having probs with this so i'd wait for a few more replies before going ahead :)

Cheers for the quick reply, was just curious. Heard there is a guy along the road from me, rally preps some Micras, he can overbore the 1.3 one.

Hi - where is it you stay? I'm tryibng to get a scottish meet arranged for sonetime soon, so would be good to see you there.
Anyway. The 1.6 tb makes a big diffrence, it gives you better pull through the gears, and a faster acceleration. For this to work good, you'll need to also change the ECU to the Primera one. Does your SR have Nats?? If so, may be a bit of a problem. There is a guide on how to fit it in the K11 guides section, but its not 100% clear. Will create a new one at the weekend for you.

Titch :kungfu:

Titch said:
Hi - where is it you stay? I'm tryibng to get a scottish meet arranged for sonetime soon, so would be good to see you there.
Anyway. The 1.6 tb makes a big diffrence, it gives you better pull through the gears, and a faster acceleration. For this to work good, you'll need to also change the ECU to the Primera one. Does your SR have Nats?? If so, may be a bit of a problem. There is a guide on how to fit it in the K11 guides section, but its not 100% clear. Will create a new one at the weekend for you.

From Lanarkshire. My SR does have Nats. I am just looking into it just now, dont know if it would make much difference on a standard engine.

RIK said:
and if you need to buy one,i have one for sale with ecu
I noticed and thats why I asked,lol. I need cheap(ish) mods to make it faster. If there is such a thing.

Well thr change on the tb is worth it yes, but tricky to fit, but not to hard. NATS will be a prob, jst don't bother changing the ECU. Also the Micra K&N still fits the 1.6 tb.

not used to the jargen on here yet are you on about fitting a 1.6 turbo engine ? if so what is the doner car and where is this guide you speak off

jonah its not a turbo engine its a throttle body(tb) the bit that lets the air in to manifold etc, etc...also the bit that really moves when u hit the gas/throttle/accelerator

i have nats, i would like to fit the 1.6 tb (not turbo lol) can i turn off the nats & use the new ecu or will it work ok. does anybody have a definitive answer ? also how much you want for yours RIC

No - you can't jst turn NATS off. George and me are in the process of working out where NATS is based in the system, and finding out a way to disable it properly.

Gonna be a ##### to do, but we'll work it out i'm sure. As for the TB - yes, you can put it on no problem. Jst don't change the fuel pressure! lol

right ive got the 1.6tb just read through the guide, hhhmmm bit hard to follow, anyone got better instructions maby with some pics, would be apreciated

Back