1.3 setup

danimicra8

BabyBlueK11
ok so Im thinkin this setup for when I get my compensation through:

Piper fast road cams
Janspeed Manifold
Janspeed full exhaust system
Janspeed de-cat/catback

So i wanted to know what sort of bhp I might be lookin at and a couple other things
Whats the difference in a de-cat and a catback?
What do the cams do, are they worth £200?
What might I fail MOT on?

dani

the fast road cams open the valves wider but gain little (5hp) imo
the manifold will gain about 10hp but will probably fail emisions
the full system will gain about 5hp, the decat replaces the 2nd cat, the catback is the middle and rear sections

Whats the difference in a de-cat and a catback?

What might I fail MOT on?

I think the emissions could be an issue if you take the cat out in a decat straight through exhaust system.. Dunno if it would be a direct fail though.

Think it will just be personal preference over the decat/catback as the gains would be negligble but im not 100% on that.

Is that what you meant by difference in them, or the actual physical difference?

100bhp ish, is the estimation thats normal given when discussing manifold & exhaust upgrades. I cant comment on its accurateness but i can say the difference is very noticable, it makes a normal 1.3 feel weak in comparisson.

cams will need some tweaking to get the benefit, and i dont know if you could get the benefit without a proper remap...having said that, altering ignition timing will go someway to helping...but this is somthing you could fiddle with anyway regardless if you fit new cams or not.

so i wouldnt say dont buy the cams...but consider all the extras that may be needed to get the value for money. :)

1. standard manifold and a cat back system = will pass emissions

2. janspeed manifold and a cat back sytem = may pass emissions

3. janspeed manifold and decat and full system = very low chance of passing emissions

these are my guesses...you may not even be able to pass with option 2 (see above) as with some peoples cars on here sometimes they pass and sometimes they fail...

As solarice had said, a janspeed manifold will not guarantee a pass, if you have a re-map you have a better chance of passing with this set up.

I have known of cars which have been set up correctly have passed emissions tests with no cats.

an apexi safc may sort out the problem of it failing with a janspeed manifold....you then can adjust the fueling etc altough its not been done yet so no one knows if it will pass the mot with a safc... altough i have one and iam hoping to try it next year...of course i do need a janspeed manifold (saving lol)

Back