1.3 K11s

Suze

Club Member (Trial)
Now don't laugh, but, I'm slightly unclear as to the differences between the 1.3 16v versions. I've currently got a Super S which I'm very happy with, but might be looking for another car in the near future :k11motors

So, I know there is the GX, LX, Super S [not sure of others] but what are the differences, and which one is "the best?"

Now don't laugh, but, I'm slightly unclear as to the differences between the 1.3 16v versions. I've currently got a Super S which I'm very happy with, but might be looking for another car in the near future :k11motors

So, I know there is the GX, LX, Super S [not sure of others] but what are the differences, and which one is "the best?"

well thats fine cos there are no differences, the engines themselfs are not different in any way. but some might come with power steering or air con that might slow the car down, and the super s had a quicker steering rack... but engines are the same

ok so which is the best then? Quickest one is what I am interested in....! :) Would it be the Super S as doesn't have PAS, air con etc?

ok so which is the best then? Quickest one is what I am interested in....! :) Would it be the Super S as doesn't have PAS, air con etc?

as a car the quickest is the 2003 1.4si or the SLX the super s has bigger hevier bumpers on it. but really the difference is minor.

ok thanks Nex :)

no probs ;)

really what you want to do is buy the most budget 1.0 L micra and fit a 1.3 engine in it and strip it as much as you can, change the suspention and wheels, put a whiteline kit on it and some bigger brakes and you should have a very nice micra

How much do 1.0 Micras go for?

depends on the condition, they can go for between £100 and £400

watch out for rust. make sure you get the "L" model because they didn't come with anything, they even took out the cigarette lighter, and the trip counter to cut costs. they are usually in AJ4 red with unpainted black bumpers, come in 3 doors and only have 1.0 engines.

ok thanks, wasn't sure. If I used it as a daily runner for example, how much of a difference would I notice between that and my current 1.3?

ok thanks, wasn't sure. If I used it as a daily runner for example, how much of a difference would I notice between that and my current 1.3?

difference in what way?

comfort wise you wouldn't have anything, like you wouldn't have a petrol release flap, or a trip meter etc

performance wise, if you get the 1.3 in there then there will be no real difference, maybe a bit faster. turning circle might be a bit bigger.

if you do all the mods i said then you will be amazed at how well performing it will be, it will go round corners like it is on rails and stop in no time at all :)

not so worried about the comfort but more the performance!

yea well if you get the 1.3 engine in it then it will have the same power, then the only difference will be the turning circle but that doesn't really matter. if you fit a full whiteline kit on there and a set of sunny brakes then you will have an amazing car.

so what are the reasons against doing that with my current car, weight?

sorry for all the questions...! :)

so what are the reasons against doing that with my current car, weight?

sorry for all the questions...! :)

yea the super s came with alot of extras that add weight, like sunroof etc, really you want the most basic shell you can get.

no probs ;)

I'd say keep the car you've got and are happy with but strip it of all it's extra's. I'm sure you might be able to sell off the bits to people on here with 'lesser' K11's or maybe even trade some stuff?

well that's my current plan, ie strip the car I have, and a few months down the line get another daily driver rather than putting miles on the car I want to make a competition car. But interesting to read all other suggestions!

no probs ;)

really what you want to do is buy the most budget 1.0 L micra and fit a 1.3 engine in it and strip it as much as you can, change the suspention and wheels, put a whiteline kit on it and some bigger brakes and you should have a very nice micra

Wrong! You need to put the '1.4' lump in it, get some pistons from Matt H and a set of Tomei's and the fly :p

Back