1.3 engine into my car !!!

g2oo8

Club Member (Trial)
Hello everyone.. a no this may have been covered in certain areas before but a need to no some more infomation...
i have just recieved a few thousand compo :) and was thinking of buying a new car, but i was wondering how much it would cost to put a 1.3 engne in my car..
i JUST want a price for the actual engine its self (roughly), plus to get it fitted !!! ... and would i need to upgrade anythink on my car ??
i have a 1.0gx 1996 on a P plate..
help would be aprichated :)

thats ok if a could get one for that mate
just would it be a straight swop with my engine and how easy would it be to do ??
cheers

yer straight swap, fairly easy mate, nex did one in a carpark by me lol frank seems to have his engine out once a week aswell lol

a person who has done then engine swap before can swap them in under a day! quite a simple job....you could get a few uparted bits whilest the egine is out aswell ;)

What age cg10 have you got? if pre 98 - you will need a 1.3 gearbox, or use a 1.0l box with a 1.0l clutch. The gearbox mounts are different for a 1.3 so you will need them - or if you go with the cg10 gearbox you wont. I would budget around £350 if you havn't done it before. Not much reason why you couldn't get an engine for sub £100, reuse cg10 box / clutch / flywheel and not spend any money fitting it. So £100 - 350 at a guess :)

yer straight swap, fairly easy mate, nex did one in a carpark by me lol frank seems to have his engine out once a week aswell lol

lol, yeh, if you diy a 1.3 upgrade, £100 should cover it, but if your going to pay a garage to do it then your probably better off selling your car and buying a 1.3 :)

lol, yeh, if you diy a 1.3 upgrade, £100 should cover it, but if your going to pay a garage to do it then your probably better off selling your car and buying a 1.3 :)

Or see if there's anyone on here willing to do or help you do an engine conversion in exchange for beer vouchers.

I'd say you'd be better off getting an upgraded car though, buy a Super S or an SR or SI. Get one of the top spec 1.3s with all the added goodies!!!

cheers for the help :)
a woudnt have a clue on how to do it my self so would need one of you guys or take it to garage.. so sounds like it would be a straight swop.. would really like to do this soon tbh

If you get stuck mate i live in Durham, have done and seen the swap many times. You have to consider insuranc ethough as it would cost more to insure a 1.0 convrted to a 1.3 than buying a 1.3 and insuring it.

Not a wise decision dude - that may screw you over more than you think! IIRC it's illegal not to declare any mods on your car when your insurance company think it's standard - you're essentially be driving around uninsured which is an offence in itself.
Interchanging normal OEM parts between Micras shouldn't be a problem - however, when it comes to interchanging the engine - you'll find yourself whacked with a fine or more.
Just heed my warning - that ain't no way to get your no-claims - you'll be stuffed if the insurance company find out!

If your insurance deems that to be a modification that requires declaring, and you do not do so, in the event of an accident, and an assessor being sent out to check over the car, and finding it isn't declared, your policy will be revoked.

Which means that you'll have no insurance, and that'll be 6 points and a £200 fine, along with the cost of repairing your car, and any other property you've damaged as a result of a crash. And if you are 18, as stated, you'll also lose your license.

Also, the police can do random road checks on your insurance, and if they do discover the engine is different to that declared on the insurance, then you'll be done for no insurance, which again, is 6 points and £200, or a court summons.

Something like that anyway.

Pay the insurance, or don't do it.

Yeah. I just felt like hammering in the point.

Forgot to add the police can impound your car the moment they find you have no insurance.

And the insurance company's, even though you pay them so much, will try to weasel their way out of paying anything.

do what you want about telling the insurance or not, and as for the engine swap its simple and could be a 1.3 within 6-8 hours easy, a garage would take longer as my first engine swap my car was away for weeks!! its wether you use the 1.3 box or 1.0, had a problem once where we fitted a 1.3 box into a 1.0 and the gear linkage and back mount needs to be from a 1.3, its well worth it though

do what you want about telling the insurance or not, and as for the engine swap its simple and could be a 1.3 within 6-8 hours easy, a garage would take longer as my first engine swap my car was away for weeks!! its wether you use the 1.3 box or 1.0, had a problem once where we fitted a 1.3 box into a 1.0 and the gear linkage and back mount needs to be from a 1.3, its well worth it though

When Ed done mine he cut and welded the gear linkage to suite. Realistically you'd want the 1.3 ECU to go with it as well, although with NATS this is sadly not a simple plug and play jobby! Ed got round this with fitting a NON NATS ECU from an early K11. Although this is not plug and play either!

Hello

I'we now done the swap, but got a problem.
The clutch doesn't engage.

Ive got the cg 13(prefacelift) in place now(earlier cg10 prefacelift)
i've put in a new 1.0 (smaller)clutch with the 1.0 flywheel (smaller).
Question is do i use the release bearing from the 1.0 litre or 1.3???

Now the 1.0 bearing is in place. and doesn't work

Hello

I'we now done the swap, but got a problem.
The clutch doesn't engage.

Ive got the cg 13(prefacelift) in place now(earlier cg10 prefacelift)
i've put in a new 1.0 (smaller)clutch with the 1.0 flywheel (smaller).
Question is do i use the release bearing from the 1.0 litre or 1.3???

Now the 1.0 bearing is in place. and doesn't work

if yours is a post 98 1.0 it should have the same size flywheel, clutch and bearing (late 1.0 f/w is a little lighter tho, but same size) :)

if yours is a post 98 1.0 it should have the same size flywheel, clutch and bearing (late 1.0 f/w is a little lighter tho, but same size) :)

Mine is a 95 and the donor car is a 94 so non-facelifts both.

well guess im going to have to go and take the gearboxm off now again

Mine is a 95 and the donor car is a 94 so non-facelifts both.

well guess im going to have to go and take the gearboxm off now again

ahh, probably those poxy clips that hold the thrust bearing on then, if you move the arm while you,re humping the g/box back on the damn things spring off dead easy and the fork gets dislodged from the bearing eh :doh:

I offerd a supply and fit of 1.3 engine box and shafts for £350 all in and the chance to drive the doner car before engine removal, But car is now awaiting an mot so if you want it done then shout up as once tuesday comes and it has an mot then im afraid the whole car will have to sell.

Back