1.3 cams fitted to 1.0 problem

joelh

Ex. Club Member
hello i fitted 1.3 cams fitted to my 1.0 and now when i go to start it it turns over but wont start any ideas what the problem is

Fixed car can delete this post if you want now thanks all

is the dizzy thing ok? or has it snapped off/etc? might not be turning that round... or the most likely cause timing is wrong

it may be even 1 link off and it won't run. It needs to be spot on.

Have you measured your valve clearances also? You may need to change the shims

kristain sent me 1.3 cams with the shims should be straight swap he sed is that right am going take the cams out and put my 1.0 back in and see what happens then should i do that?

oh and i have no spark going thro my spark plugs i took hd lead off and put plug in it there was no spark when started it?

check every fuse yeh? i was messing with cigretta wire not long before that and it blown fuse on that coould that do owt

sounds to me like the distributer is not turning around. i bet the little thing that slots into the exhaust cam was not properly re-inserted and snapped off

the little thing is still on it i will have a go at taking the cams off see if owt is damaged. is there anyway i can save the timing chain from tuning when i take cams off?

going by the photo, yes miles out!
at tdc in and exh lobes should be sort of facing each other but also opening the valves about 1mm each on cylinder 1 or4

just reset them, and hope the valves are still straight!
btw i presume you know tdc is the second mark from the left on the pulley

for what you would of gained it aint worth it in my oppinion. should of just put a1.3 engine and box and other stuff you need. less hassle just a bit more work :p

andy

you have to bear in mind insurance complications, and 1.0s with 1.3 cams have a nice powerband, not much grunt but let them rev and they go well

right the dizzy turns round so thats fine so its postion like frank sed could be
do shims affect it starting at all?

joelh

the cam base radius,s are very uniform, so just swapping cams "usually" gives no problems with valve clearance.
but valve stem hights can be quite random so mixing shims can b###er up the clearances so be carefull.
theres a guide on cisco micra.
you should end up with exh lobe just about to touch the shim at about 20 deg atdc and inl lobe just about to touch the shim at about 20 deg btdc.

Back