1.3 Cams Into 1.0

Stani1029

Club Member
i purchased 1.3 cams a while back now and havent fitted them yet, im wondering if the 1.3 shims and caps HAVE to go in or can the 1.0 ones stay put???

thanks in advance :)

you can just put any shims in, you need to measure and get the right size, best to get someone that knows what they are doing to measure or you will have problems

Are you planning on doing it without a haynes?

If so, and you don't know how to measure valve clearances, i believe that it's out of the scope of your skills. I'd leave it to somebody who knows what they're doing.

when i did this mod i didnt bother checking valve clearances, just turned engine over by hand first to make sure it didnt catch - NOT RECOMMENDED THO!

when i did this mod i didnt bother checking valve clearances, just turned engine over by hand first to make sure it didnt catch - NOT RECOMMENDED THO!

No because as the engine warms up metal expands and the clearances get smaller, if you need it done just get garage to do it.

seriously though if you dont know what your doing then dont do it, get it wrong and you will burn your valves out

Back