1.3 cams and connecting rods=engine conversion?

hi all,
i am new to micras and tuning but i was reading my haynes yesterday and it seemed to me that the only difference between the 1.0 and the 1.3 is the cams and the length of the connecting rods (i guess thats where the extra cc come from)
so i was thinking, could i not just ravage a 1.3 in a breakers yard for cams and CRs and plonk them in my car (mine is a 1.0 and would like to put a 1.3 in) i know its not that simple really, but its a thought. are the clutches different? i know mine has a little trouble engaging already when changing gear fast. also i know the gear box is different but i wouldnt mind fast exceleration and low top end really, its how i like to drive anyway.
i realise i might have just made a fool out of myself in my first thread post, but maybe someone could delete it if its madness:grinning:
Thoughts please anyone:grinning:
Ed

the con rods are the same length the difference is in the stroke

The difference in stroke comes from the crankshaft, also the pistons are different (1.3 pistons are dished)

Flywheel, gearbox and clutch is also different, as are the pullies.

You would need pistons rods and crank. Everything else you could most likely use from what you already have. However your block will need honing to remove the marks from the 1.0 pistons before just throwing in 1.3s

oh, sounds like a did make a fool out of myself, thanks for the feedback though guys. better start saving for a 1.3 now then. got a quote for a 70,000 miles one for £150 does anyone know about how much i should be looking to pay?
Thanks again
Ed

That is a bit much, but not extortionate, ring around and try to play the breakers off against each other, you could prob get one for about £100 if you put some graft in.

Am thinkin of geting a 1.3 to put in mine but if i get an engine from the scrapy how do i know if it runs properly and in all the gears,ya cant road test them. Or it could be worn and konk out after a few months without any warning, afterall there's some reason the cars in the scrapyard! maby its better and easyer to just sell me 1.0 an get a 1.3 saves hastle with the DVLA and insurence company.

Back