1.2 performance cam

hey I have seen that you guy can get your cam profiled at piper cams. was just wondering if anyone here has got one done and knows the re-grind specs so I can take mine in to a machinist and get it re-ground. tried emailing piper and they just don't get back to me.

Hmm maybe. I just need to know for sure cuz it will ruin my cam if not right. I dunno about when piper regrinds if they give u a spec printout or not. Cuz every other cam if gotten done here u get a spec sheet. But no one here in Canada knows what to regrind my cam to.

come on guys! someone on here must have some sort of cam specs that are better than stock
just use some initiative, tell your grinder what stage of tune you want to run, and he will select a suitable profile (thats what i did at autosprint)
the only members that run cams are auto grassers, and there,s fat chance of them posting up their engine specs

ok well I understand that they wouldn't wanna give up what has worked well with them. I just thought there might be some specs somewhere. I see that piper has 2 syles of cams for a ma12. I just want as much power as I can get obviously. and im runnin crb600 bike carbs on a custom mani, 4-2-1 header with full stainless 2'' all the way back. lightend flywheel, decked head and port and polished runners. cam is the only thing I cant just make or fab up myself. ne thoughts on what would be a good lift and duration for improvments over stock?

Shame your in Canada. got a spare ma12 reground cam (no spec's unfortunatly as I got it off a grass racer) sat around.
I know. No One here in Canada mods micras they all just get driven till a cam belt breaks or blows a trans. I've picked up 5 micras here all for less than 50$ and Machine shops just laugh when I ask them what they can do for my cam

where in Canada are you? would be interested in checking out what you got, although i have moved on from the micra. From what i remember though the micra has a very conservative cam profile, meaning you would have to grind the hell out of the cam before you would end up with a un-streetable or poorly idling cam.

as far as the grinding, try delta camshafts, i think they are in Oregon or Washington state and they have enough experience they should be able to grind it enough to make more power but know how not to make it so the car won't idle anymore, there was a guy who had them grind a SOHC 1.5 toyota tercel cam for him, i don't imagine there is any aftermarket cam to work off for that engine :p

or possibly find an engine with the same redline and find a aftermarket cam for that engine with published specs and have it ground to that.

good luck!

Back