1.0l vs 1.3l

Anto Modded

Ex. Club Member
Just a quick question, had a janspeed manefold and ashley cat back on my old 1.3 and it ran great. If i put a janspeed manifold, cat back system, rally cams, lightened flywheel and a good cold air intake system would my 1.0l come anyway close to the 1.3l. Dont want another 1.3 im happy with the 1.0l for nipping around in, just tempted to see i could get it to go performance wise from standard and if there would be any noticeable difference at all.........

thats a lot of working on a 1.0 just "to see i could get it to go performance wise from standard and if there would be any noticeable difference at all........."

my 1.0 went pretty good with the piper cams and 4kg f/w etc, but i had to rev the nuts off it tho :eek:

Ive read you post on your car and you done some really nice mods to it. I notice the 1.0l when you hit 3000 rpm and floor it, it go's great. Thats why i thought lightened flywheel might help acceleration at lower rpm's. Also the the cams and otherbits added too. Wouldnt expect mad power, but would be nice to see and if at the day i could always buy a cheap 1.3 which i aim on doing for a track car and transfer the parts.

yeh, i loved my old 1.0, they really thrive on revs, (it was still pulling strongly at 8k+ rpm) :grinning:

alright auto modded

i've put 1.3 cams, a janspeed manifold, ported inlet manifold, K&N off a Rs2000 engine, on my 1.0

The car goes really well now and you'll be surprised what it can out run.

I organially ran this with the standard air box with no filter for a little while. It was good but lacked guts below 5000 after that hell broke lose all the way to 7250.

Then i added the rs2000 k&n with an extention to lengthen the trttle bodies length to make it longer. No it has better mid range responce but lose a little bit of kick up the rev range.

i would say it's worth while doing it all.

Robert, where abouts in Ireland you from. Im always at mondello taking pics. Add me to your msn.. [email protected]
Any pics of the ported inlet manifold. Also are you the guy with the micra on dtd who posted a while back about a golf you were keeping up i think...

ye i'm the guy on dtd alright it was a nova sri aswell the fellow didn't know what was going on.

No pic of the ported manifold sorry doing another one now which will be alot better.

If you are mondello alot you should know who i am and my dad aswell. The surname ring any bells??

dunno how you can go back to a 1.0 litre i had to do it for a few weeks and i missed the 1.3 engine something terrible lol

I really dont mind going back to a 1.0l. its fast enough and with some mods i hope t boost it up.

@ Robert i seen on dtd a comment on the surname which no one replied to, only one i would know would be a supercar driver, would i be close ?

Is there an easy to remove the rev limiter ???? I know with the Pug 205Gti's all you had to do was open up the ECU, and cut a leg on one of the transistors and it removed the rev limiter.

Or is it a re-mapping job ?

Thanks once again frank, i guess i just cover up the small little '5th' hole and then the this removes the rev limiter

yes matt, i used a strip of black tape, doubled back on itself and squeezed together (just about possible without stripping the dizzy)

or with a craft knife or stanley blade cut the gap out....makeing it one big one if you carnt get in with the tape, and be careful not to bend the disc as there very flimsey ;)

Back