1.3L into 1.0L

Hi to everyone.
After 5 years living in the Uk I came back to my original country (Spain).
The thing is, that I left my micra 1.0L K11 3doors just for holidays in Spain but now that I'm back I'd like to do a few mods to it as it's gonna be my daily car.
I worked 6 years ago as a mechanic so I have the tools and knowledge to do pretty much everything by my self.

I have a rear spoiler to fit, a few speaker BOSE from my old Audi A6 to fit as well but the major change that I want to do, it's swapping my 1.0 to a 1.3.

I want to know what I need, if it's plug&play or If I have to mod anything else.

There is not much info on internet so I'm a bit confused.

Well, thanks to everyone and I'll be waiting for answers.

I promise some pictures.

Hi,

hope you get a bit of help,but also a little thread hijacking to get things moving too,hope you don`t mind?

Many seem to go for the SR20 engine conversion,but i have seen a couple and driven one.
Whilst it was bonkers power for such a small car,it eventually snapped the n/s chassis leg.
So,i got to thinking, the biggest engine fitted to a stock Micra is the 1.4 in the last of the K11 iirc?
i was thinking of a 1.5 from an Almera to keep the TAX cheaper if declared,does the 1.5 motor bolt onto any of the Micra manual boxes?.

There are already 1.3 and 1.4 Micra available,so unless you really love the car? why not just buy a 1.3 or 1.4? if you are going to the trouble of a swap,why not go for a 1.5?

If anyone else would like to chip in with thoughts too? i would also love to hear.
:)

Edited to add,i`m only at page 7 of this section,so that`s only another 340 pages to search,some good links and reading in here though :D

Last edited:
The thing is that in Spain a Micra 1.3 costs about 1000 to 1500 euros.
An 1.3 engine cost me 150-200euros and my car was 650euros 3 years ago.
I'm going to do everything by my self so I just need to spend money in parts.

Also, I'm going to fit a power steering because it doesn't have it.
so, I need to know if a 1.3 will fit without any other mods.
do I need a new ECU? do I have to change any thing else apart from the engine??

thanks a lot for the help

I've done it. Straight swap. iirc the only part I swapped over, beside from the 1.0 flywheel/clutch, was the supports from the engine to the gearbox :)

Micra80 just saw this thread now, I live in Spain too, almeria area. Where do you get your engines from for 150€?? All the ones I find are 300 400

Back