1.0l pistons and rings

wehey

Ex. Club Member
Ok. I have just secured a 1.3 engine that I would like to fit some 1.0 pistons to.

Where's the best place to source some from?
Could I get away with second hand pistons and new rings to keep costs down?

someone might offer you some 1.0 pistons already fitted to 1.3 rods tho eh :) http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/wanted-k11-1-0l-pistons.61077/
or failing that, i have some timing chain half links if you want to go for a 2.5mm headskim
That would definitely save the day :)
It would be great to add these pistons whist I have the engine sitting there as an engine swap is a bit of a daunting task for me and I don't want to regret not doing it at a later date.

(Still can't get into that part of the forum to see your reply Frank)

can get piston rings for £55 on ebay. not sure on quality though! Frank, do you still have a tool for the job?
we tried various unbranded ring sets on the kart engines tom, and they wore out within weeks, and yes :)
and here is the half link for a 2.5mm headskim

P6050863.jpg

sorry frank, i meant a tool for the gudgeon pins. i thought you had a cylinder the piston sat in so you dont damage it pushing the pin out. awesome halflink by the way!

those piston rings seem to have disappeared from ebay!!! although its a while since i looked for them.

sorry frank, i meant a tool for the gudgeon pins. i thought you had a cylinder the piston sat in so you dont damage it pushing the pin out. awesome halflink by the way!

those piston rings seem to have disappeared from ebay!!! although its a while since i looked for them.
yes we still have the tools tom, oval skirted coilpack and pre c/p

P7150045.JPG

i definitely need to use/borrow/rent these at some point. ive been talking about doing the piston swop for well over a year now!

still considering new big end bearings, but have a block, new head gasket and bolts etc.....

how happy are the gudgeon pins after theyve been pushed out? i guess they still look pretty perfect!

the pins come out unmarked tom, and you can re-insert them cold, you have to heat the rods to 200deg+ to get the pins to initially move when removing tho

yeah i thought as much! bang the rods in the oven for an hour or so then! would it be possible for me to head down to you at some point to use the tool?

Back