Wanted New Set Pistons/Rings

CMF_cactus

» CMF Member
Im in the process of engine rebuild after destroying a piston and putting my feelers out to see who might be able to help me get a new set of pistons and rings. Text me on 0422758085 or message on the forum. Thanx in advance.

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah I thought CG10s and CG13s always had the same bore, but smaller stroke..I forget, it's been a long time, but pretty sure the bore was the same..?

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
gibson_racing WROTE:

"old thread i know but do the 1.0l pistons fit if so what sort of performance enhancment would they make .

they raise the compression to about 12:1 (perfect if you,re running better cams)
but the design was changed in 2000, to a slipper type piston and thinner rings and ringlands

frank

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
1.0,s are far more common over here, and the engines just get weighed in
and you,re supposed to fit a new H/G (tho i never do)
and autosprint uk did my re-profiles (260 deg/10mm lift, £80) but they have a very aggressive open/close ramp so-as to retain the lowdown grunt, and as a result are limited to 7300 rpm

frank

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
gibson_racing WROTE:

"mm sounds goood to me frank my car is dedicated track racing car anyway so doesent matter how aggressive reckon i i sent them my cams they would re profile mine to the same ?

yes he does,nt list it on his site, but he has done a few of them now, and the aggressiveness keeps the powerband nice and wide, but at the expense of early valvebounce (baguete and i have had a shim spit out from valvebounce at 7500, so limit it to 7300ish, or else retain the stock 6900 limiter eh)

frank

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
gibson_racing WROTE:

now what about pistons who would supply them? and how much

dunno, a dutch guy kept posting for some on msc, but he got no response lol, and they,re a mission to fit tbh (i had to make a jig to drive the wristpins out on mine)
an alternative is a 2mm headskim instead (like my current cga engine) but you need a brand new lower timing chain if you go for that option

CMF_gibson_racing

» CMF Member
okay kool so if i was to get a 2mm head skim on my head and reprofile the cams and i would need the lower timing chain , what else is need to get it going again valves, valve springs , retaining rings etc? your wealth of knowledge is very appreciate its hard to find info on these engines.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
the headskim makes the lower chain very slack, but if you fit a new chain you still have some throw left on your tensioners (my blue car has done 52k miles in 3 yrs largely on this cga block, and the tensioners are probably fully extended now)
and autosprint grind 2.5mm off the cam to reprofile it, so that you can run with a 2nd shim underneath the bucket (to restore your clearances back to stock)
most reprofiles need custom thicker shims eh

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
hey g-r,

have you seen Matthew Humphries Rally parts for sale in England? you can get forged pistons from him that are lighter then stock, and raise the compression to around 11.5 - 12:1. I think its around $200 aud each.

p.s. you should also read franks MSC blog - a great read! and he covers much of this stuff iirc

p.p.s her is the link for humphries http://www.humphrisoxford.co.uk/pdfs/20101012.pdf . also he is very keen to talk with customers so shoot him an e-mail

Back