1.0 / 1.3 Pistons which are better

Paul Smith

Site Supporter
Hi I was reading on here that 1.0 pistons are better than 1.3 pistons i was just wondering why that was?

Do they work better in the 1.3?

Thanks

Paul

Thought so.

Why did NIssan dish the 1.3 pistons if they were already making better flat ones?

What does iirc mean?

Paul

If the 1.3 had a flat piston would the compression be to much?

I thought i may be because the pistons may hit the valves?

IIRC if the vales were to collide. it would be more towards the outside of the piston rather then the centre.

so they shouldn't colide when you fit flat ones :)

Also after thinking about it the pistons are probably the same length its the cranks that are different, and if they are the same length it shouldn't hit. Suppose the easiest way to look at it is, does and 1.3 cylider head fit and run on a 1.0 bottom end someone on here must have done it?

The only thing I can think that'll be different size wise between the two engines if they have the same compression ratio will be the crank. Because the 1.3 is just a 1 litre with a longer stroke. Maybe frank or someone else with knowledge on the guts of these engines can clear something up?

Rod length is also different. I'm sure this has been discussed in detail before - IIRC Swiper did the 1l pistons in a 1.3 before?

Craig

yeh, the only difference is the crank and rods (and piston crown), same block, head, manifolds, t/b, injectors, valves etc :)
mine,s a 1.0 with 1.3 crank/rods :wasntme:

Back