1.0 to 1.3 swap

Hi all!

Recently I bought a Micra K11 with the CG10DE engine (1.0 l), I used to daily drive a Toyota Starlet with a 4E-FTE engine (1.3 l turbocharged) which was making around 170/180 hp. Now that I have the Micra as daily, I want to make it a little faster, but don’t want to put an SR20 in it, as I heard it’s a lot of work.

So I was wondering, what do I need to put the 1.3 engine in it? Is it plug&play? Or do I need to make some modifications? What engine swaps do people here recommend?

Thanks in advance!
C11914FA-8477-4050-9A86-C856D59DE0D6.jpeg
D55F0E75-2CF5-4C4C-811A-ECA36180C1F2.png

Plug and play. The 1.0 flywheel is lighter so id keep that. The 1.0 gearbox fits but has a shorter ratio. Fun to drive but not as good on the gas milage.

Id also swap the ecu, transponderring and chips in the key so that you can use the 1.3 ecu.

Plug and play. The 1.0 flywheel is lighter so id keep that. The 1.0 gearbox fits but has a shorter ratio. Fun to drive but not as good on the gas milage.

Id also swap the ecu, transponderring and chips in the key so that you can use the 1.3 ecu.

Can I use the same loom as the 1.0? And what do you recommend for daily driving? The 1.0 gearbox, or the 1.3?

I have a 2000 face-lift 1.0l.. Currently fitting a GG13 engine from a 1995 car.. Have measured the DriveShafts and clutch - they are same size. Have fitted the lighter facelift 1.0 flywheel and clutch which is same size as the earlier 1.3 one. Have a question.. Will the 1.0 ECU run the 1275 CG13 engine without issue ( not enough fuel or ignition etc)???

Im thinking of a K11 project. Did you do the swap? Whats ur setup now? Im still in the market for a K11 but if you dont use the 1.0L gearbox there's no point in buying a 1.0L correct? Youll be better off just buying a 1.3 or 1.4? Or am i missing somethiong here?

Back