1.0 - 1.3 need answers!!!

CMF_sonny peacey

» CMF Member
hi guys i gota 1.0l, i havent passed my test yet got it in 2weeks! but ne way, i done a cople of mods to the car, i really like it, but im already realising it needs more power!!!!

i really really like the micra's, but unless i can get more power im guna geta renault 5 gt turbo!

if i cud get hold of a 1.3 engine cud i use the 1.0l gear box??

basically cud i literally drop the engine in as if it ws th 1.0l, with no over mods i.e ecu gearbox etc?????

and... are the 1.3 engines twin cam 16V???

someone please let me know asap!

thanks alot sonny

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
yes its a twin cam 16 valve. direct swap and the potential of the micra is llliimmmiittlleessss!!!!!!

although i did have a couple of problems with my 1.3 conversion, nothing to dramatic. most ppl have had no problem, straight swap. get looking in to it, buy it and it will take approximatley a 2 day job to swap over. worth every penny to.

although if you havent passed surley it wont hurt to think about buying a 1.3 anyway. you got any pics to share?

CMF_sonny peacey

» CMF Member
i have thought about it, but i really like my little burner. i will take some tomz, its lukin pretty sweet at the momnet.

polar - on my mums insurance its only £1400

the cheapest i can find by my self -

1.0l - £1300
1.3l - £1450

is the power difference that noticeable between a 1.0l and a 1.3l??

thanks guys youve been helpful

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
whats the micra on your mums insurance compared to the 5 gt on your mums insurance. i'm not quite sure where your heading really.

CMF_Ollie240585 MSC

» CMF Member
I'd stick with the 1 for the time being m8. Seeing as u ain't passed ur test yet.

I got a 1L n it's gd enough for town and motorway driving!! An engine transplant is quite a long job! There are other ways u can increase the BHP of the 1L without ripping it out!

CMF_sonny peacey

» CMF Member
what aret these way bubby?? i bin told about getting a extractor, 2" cat back exhaust etc, but its so much cheaper to geta 1.3 engine.

unless you know somethings i dont!

polar - on my mums insurance the micra is £650

but i think what i gota say is when i turn 18 (when my insurance runs out) i would preffer to go y my self to start gettingsome no claims.

wat i ws say is that for the same price insurace as a 1.3, i cud get a r5 gt turbo on my mums! does that make sense????

cheers guys

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
alot of companies today can put yourself on your parents policies and you to can build your own no claims up
e.g direct line. just a thought

CMF_kneival

» CMF Member
I think you could do much better than a renault 5 gt , 1987 was when they came out so most will be full of holes or cost a bomb if they have been looked after. Not to mention they are awfull cars! :D

To drop a 1.3 in is straight forward, no mods to mounts etc needed.

If you use the 1.3 gearbox you will need the gear change linkage and all gearbox mounts and bolts.

Back