1.0 to 1.3

CMF_benben

» CMF Member
Hey

In the next week or two I am buy a 1.3 micra from my mate who’s getting a newer car, the body work and age of the micra is a lot worse than mine but that’s not the reason I am buying it. It’s because of the engine, at the moment I only have a CG10 and the timing chain is getting louder and the throttle body its broke to and causing it to stall sometimes. The good thing about the car is the engine its totally standard and he has never raced, or pushed it to its limits. The engine is total quite at idle and the TB is perfect.

To the point, the things I want o know is what I should change over to my car because I have the full micra to play with and what to keep from mine?

The only things I think I need to change are

Engine
Gearbox, mounts, bolts and linkage
Drive shafts
Loom and ecu

Well I think I have to change the loom because the 1.3 micra is a preface lift one from 1994 ish I think and mine is a face lift 1996 model and mine is immobilised were as he’s is not.

Like I said I don’t know but I think I have to change the looms over

If any one can think of any thing else I should change or need to change it would be much appreciated

Thanks guys. Benben

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
hi there i have some good news. the only thing you need to change is the engine block. nothing else needed, i gurantee that as i have done the conversion.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
if you did want the shafts and gearbox and bigger clutch for the power then everything needs to be swapped, but you still dont need the loom or ecu, much easier to keep your loom/ecu/immob, but upto if you want the extra work to do a loom swap, leaves the option open of the very good 1.6 tb/injectors/ecu mod aswell if you get a non nats loom in.

Back