• This is an archive of the old Blogs system from the previous software. If you would like your blog entries moving/merging into the relevant forum/thread, please PM James. These blogs are READ ONLY. Replies CANNOT be made.

1.3 vs 1.0!

Having now driven the 1.3 for three months, I can now make a valid few comparisons given the similar mileage.

1.3 Better =
More torque, better spec with more toys, more relaxed at speed with higher gearing, gives a consistant extra 1MPG, anti-roll bars and Firestone tyres give far better cornering

1.0 Better =
Picks up revs better- shows up particuarly in the lower three gears-it flies when revved, engine "happier"-fairly normal with a shorter stroke engine, better paint and upholstery quality, lack of anti-roll bar gives fun at sane speeds!

It might seem strange, but in many ways I prefer the 1.0L as it loves to be revved and the 1.3 goes flat when revved. This strange given the Almera air box and bumpier cam(std) fitted to the 1.3, I expected the opposite given that many fit 1.3 cams to the small engine. I know the gearing is higher, but the 1.0L engine is just more fun, even if ultimately slower. With the (old) air filter removed its even more fun and drives like a racer on the road.

The 1.0 is tucked away for the winter as a back-up and will be touched-up(ooh misses!) and get a new cross-member and air box next spring

Back