gearboxes

superls

K10 Tuner
hi, it is roumored that the K11 CG gearbox will fit into the MA engine? is this correct, has anyone ever done it?

cheers scott

I don't believe anyone on here has done it, but seems like a suitable box for high powered K10's. You may be able to find a Nismo clutch or something for it aswell.

scott

there are some ratio,s listed but not specific to which box
its the diff ratio thats more relevent really
i,ve said before, me and my misses have 1.0,s with the same box but we,ve got very different diff ratio,s
if your going for big wheels deffo look for the crawler diff

im not going for big wheels i sticking with the 13's its just atm it screems its nuts off at a ton (i only have a 4 speed lol) i just wanted to fit a box that i could cruise as 90 ish and not sounding like its killing its self, the SS box has longer ratios but apparently there hard to come by? so i was wondering if the K11 one might fit as there more readily available. and longer ratios than the 4 speed that ive got.

scott

with the early k11 having different d/shafts and mountings to later ones, i bet they are k10 derived eh !

scott

but i thought 1.0 to 1.3 upgrades often needed g/box mounts, gearchange and shafts as well ?

nope just the gear changer shafts. Drive shafts are the same on both k11 and k10, the far passenger side gearbox mount appears to be the same too although im yet to confirm this.

I think your find that the k11 gearbox will fit but the easier certain alternative is the k10 long ratio 5 speed, i have one on my k10, its a 1.2 GS 89.

Just the early 1.0, the splines on the input shaft of the 1.3 and late 1.0 (98 on) are different. Think the 1.0 k11 gearboxes can take a bit more power as proven with a couple being turboed. The down side is the clutch is still the same as the k10 one.

The driveshafts are all the same with the 1.3's and facelift 1.0's being stronger.

Think the only concern are the gearbox linkages.

scott

my 2 haynes,s list the same g/box for k10 5 speed and early k11 (RS5F41A)

really??? i think ed did try this once i cant recall now but if this is the case it opens a whole new world of tuning potnetial for the k10

Just the early 1.0, the splines on the input shaft of the 1.3 and late 1.0 (98 on) are different. Think the 1.0 k11 gearboxes can take a bit more power as proven with a couple being turboed. The down side is the clutch is still the same as the k10 one.

The driveshafts are all the same with the 1.3's and facelift 1.0's being stronger.

Think the only concern are the gearbox linkages.

the linkages are nearly identical mate that much i do know. i feel a new gearbox coming on!

Yeah i know the links look very similar but i think the same can be said for k11 1.0 & 1.3 yet the links need modifying when swapping...,i think.
Anyway wont be able to tell you whether it fits till febuary when i change mine.

i may go to my scrappies and pick one up before then if i can use an uprated gear box and drive shafts it would be awesome then i can get even more power outta the old girl without worrying

i wish somebody would get on and do this gearbox change..
going on the linkcage,when i fitted the ga16 engine and box in that white k10 i cut the k10 one near the gearbox connecting nuckle then welded on the ga one come from the box back a bit and it work perfect

i have an engine sat on me bench without a gearbox in me workshop but cant afford a K11 box till xmas eve, (payday)

im not going for big wheels i sticking with the 13's its just atm it screems its nuts off at a ton (i only have a 4 speed lol) i just wanted to fit a box that i could cruise as 90 ish and not sounding like its killing its self, the SS box has longer ratios but apparently there hard to come by? so i was wondering if the K11 one might fit as there more readily available. and longer ratios than the 4 speed that ive got.

Why would you want to do a 100?

Or cruise at 90?

On a motorway it doesn't save that much more time than doing 70.....

indeed i want to do over 100 in my k10.... on a track day!!

btw k11 drive shafts will fit into k10 hubs fact! so assuming the cg10 box fits the ma series block i see no problems using the k11 drive shafts

scott

my 2 haynes,s list the same g/box for k10 5 speed and early k11 (RS5F41A)

frank can you confirm what year range that is for? also are the ratio's on those two boxes different?

speedle

it only says k11 ratio,s "typical" for early boxes (1.0) note mine/ my misses are different diff ratio !
1st and 2nd are same, but diff ratio,s and others are not
early boxes have no circular steel plate on n/s end (6 x 10mm bolts iirc)

interesting stuff this, makes sense that nissan would use a k10 derived box on the early k11's no doubt they had a large surplus left over after the k10 was discontinued. and on the k11 march in japan nissan used k10 claipers and discs on the k11's. hence why you can bolt march brake calipers straight onto the k10.

i will be going to the scrappies on saturday if its dry i will attempt to fit a k11 box to a ma engine ;)

speedle

if you,ve got big wheels try to get the one with the 4:1 diff (you need to take 2 pot joints with you and count the turns of the clutch spiggot eh)

i wish somebody would get on and do this gearbox change..
going on the linkcage,when i fitted the ga16 engine and box in that white k10 i cut the k10 one near the gearbox connecting nuckle then welded on the ga one come from the box back a bit and it work perfect

im surprised youve not do it bob you improved almost everything else on the k10, surley using the k11 boxes would save you money in getting the k10 ones rebuilt all the time?

I had one of these going at the beginning of the year. I offered it to people but no one took me up on it.

Had a CG10 Engine and Box they just went to waste!!!

Right the clutch i was sent a couple months back is wrong, its for a 1.3. Minor set back since i can't get another one till next Friday (payday). Which case i might as well get a k11 1.0 gearbox and give it ago.

So we will know very soon.

Also one more thing, to open up tuning capabilities further this could mean a 1.3 box will fit along with the flywheel and modified gear selectors. Opens up more options for light weight flywheel and clutches etc... Although only worth while if turbo charging.

lol hahahaha just relised i do have a spare 1.3 flywheel off of my coil pack cg10 (uses the 1.3 clutch) and a broken 1.3 gear box.

I'll have a play tomoz!

If the cg1.3 flywheel fits and bolts to the ma10/12 crank then i hope this will allow you to fit the bigger clutch and gearbox

lol hahaha two rather large questions answered in one! go me!

So the 1.3 gear box has a wider ratio so better fuel economy/top speed (if you have the power), is stronger (tested to 210bhp turbo) woohoo!

Standard 1.3 clutch i think is 19mm bigger, alot stiffer and can take 150bhp non charged i think.

Right one question answered the 1.3 cg flywheel will not fit, it is the same diametre but is held onto the crank via 6 bolts where as the k10's fly is held on by 5 bolts.
After comparison of a 1.3 k11 and 1.2 k10 gearboxes it does appear that a few holes may line up although i wont be in a posistion to try till after christmas.

Maybe the k12 is worth a look??

does the cg10 have a 6 bolt crank if not this would be a better convertion

just wondering if the cg13 clutch pressure plate could be redrilled to fit the ma flywheel

does the cg10 have a 6 bolt crank if not this would be a better convertion

just wondering if the cg13 clutch pressure plate could be redrilled to fit the ma flywheel

Yeah the cg10 will have a 6 bolt crank, but since it has the size clutch as the ma there would be no advantages.
Yeah The cg13 flywheel has the same diametre as the ma fly so redrilling the ma fly wheel to fit the cg13 pressure plate looks possible.
Still have the question of whether the cg13 gearbox will fit the k10 engine, gonna give it ago tuesday night.

Havn't tried the 1.3 box and won't get to try till wednesday now. Just a thought, has the idea of perhaps another 8 valve nissan engine larger more than likely a cherry, gearbox and flywheel fitting?? Just like with the k11 fitting a almera box the driveshafts may have to be modified but won't be difficult really.

ive often thought another nissan box would fit the sunny n13 1.3/1/4 box looks like it would fit perfectly but looks can be decieving!

does the K12 have any renault running gear? (like the diseasal?) could be why if so. could equally be talking complete tosh.

Eeeeerm sorry what?
K12's and k11's flywheel swaps are not possible. Don't want to even touch a k12 box.
Think the slightly larger nissans from the eighties will be our best bet for a complete upgrade.
Gonna check cg10 box out once blow this one up. Cg13 box fits but theres no clutch to match.

Back