young driver course

just thought i'd share with you all my day at donnington this week. i went to an event called nomoreyoungliveswasted.com
it was a free day, and i went with work.
i found it really useful. it included a skid pan, cornering techniques, emergency stops, drink driving, tyre workshop, driving distractions. a lot of things that are useful to young drivers. the skid pan was great fun, but a bit scary, when you think of it happening on the road.
all the cars that we drove all day were brand spanking fiestas and focuses. very plush. also, we did a timed driver challenge (slalom, hill start, park, reverse, 3 point turn etc) and i came third overall, out of about 150!
just thought i'd let people know about it as it was really useful. i picked up info about emergency stops, and it is worth doing one in your car, to practice (in a safe place!), as it would give you less reason to panic if you needed to do a real one.

well done! 3rd place is a fantastic achievement! it's nice to know that in a skid you'll know what to do as not a lot of drivers do, so much stuff to learn about driving.

sounds awesome mate and congratulations on 3rd place :)

do you have any more details about the event and any later ones?

i think it could make an awesome meet/day out :)

Back