yesterday was a bad day

butta

Kicked in the Member
yesterday was a bad day I went to my k11 after work to find the wing and door badly dented, no note, no witness and no cameras. To add the insult to the cars injury it wouldnt start, after half an hour messing arround in the dark i found one of the multi plugs had disconected itself with the impact. since the damage will cost less to fix than my excess and i have five years ncd the repairs will have to come out of my pocket. in a word gutted.

Sorry to hear that. I've had similar experiences. Any pictures of the damage?

Oh man that's bad. I came out to my car the other morning to find a scratch on the drivers side door. It wasn't bad, jst a surface scratch n that was still annoying. Hopefully mine will t-cut out.

That really does suck, as arnold says got any pics of the damage? Does it seem like it was a fast impact??

looks like the shape of a spare wheel and tow bar on a 4x4, no pics today but will try for tomorow, car was parked at road side and had been pushed along the road about 3 or 4 meters it looks like they didnt even feel it when they hit it and just kept going.
i can get away with just a wing and side rep, ive just pushed out the dent in the door and ive found a scrappy localy with a silver wing just got to go and have a look at it saturday.

Well it doesn't sound like it'll be THAT expensive repair. it is annoying that you can't use your insurance, cost of excess as well as increasing your premium for next year really isn't worth it.

thanks for the kind words

if i have to pay for it to be painted it will be £150 ish cuz on silver you have to do loads of blending but if i get a good silver wing it should keep costs down, just noticed central locking motor in the passenger door has broken too!

im sorry to hear that, like i said in another thread people are so irresponsible. just have to be more careful next time and park somewhere safer avoiding potential hazards like a damn 4x4.

I got my car keyed the night i passed my driving test.

So i know EXACTLY what it feels like.

I got quoted £450 for a respray as its down to the metal at some points and doesn't come above the primer.

I'd really like to know where you get such a low quote :)

Matt

ive got a mate who works in a paint shop who will do a cash price but most places by me charge about £200 or so for a single panel and blending in to the rest of the car. however i was lucky ive got a wing in silver for £20 at my local scrappy!

Back