NEW Micra VTR

M

micar

got this from auto express

New 'VTR' Micra Muscles In

he most powerful production Nissan Micra is on its way. Bosses have confirmed a 110bhp, 1.6-litre variant will go on sale in the summer. It's the first time the supermini has ever been fitted with a petrol engine that large. Nissan has also confirmed the unit will eventually appear in the Micra C+C convertible, due for launch at the end of this year.

The project is being described within Nissan as the 'Micra VTR' - referring to Citroen's famous sporty badge - and top brass say they want the car to be fun to drive, like the MINI Cooper.

they cant call it a VTR, that is pathetic!!! SR sounds much better. i like it though

Attachments

• tshirt2.jpg
    tshirt2.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 191
they wont call it the vtr.. grrr

ok. they are calling it the rival to the vtr. basically nissans version of the vtr.
citreon has the rights on vtr.

they wont actually call it the micra vtr!

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 209
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 202
its a good start the sr k12. but they need to get a hotter version out like renualt always do. why are nissan so scared of making a hot version i despair. this proves nissan has a seperate identity form renault even though its owned by them, if it was a proper renault k12 the sr or a higher version like SR CUP etc. would have nearly 200bhp. no joke. yes i am finaly getting warmed to the area of renault sport and motorsport division of this french company. i hope they do something for nissan europe of make nismo to make something special of the new HR engine for the k12. 150bhp nismo edition would be welcome.

i wonder how many saxo boys will rip the piss out of it, if they do call it the micra vtr

micar said:
if they do call it the micra vtr

they won't!!! read the story, it's what it's being referred to within nissan!

Beachboy said:
this proves nissan has a seperate identity form renault even though its owned by them.

not necessarily! maybe they don't bring one out because they want people to buy the renault instead, i'm sure they have the power to do that.

why would they want that? if they sell a renault or nissan the money is recieved from the customer.

no idea, was just an idea. maybe if they wanted renault to appear superior to nissan. which i guess it is succeeding in as it has been questioned "why can't nissan use engines like renault".

Back