Scrap Yard In Manchester/Stockport

does anyone know of any decent scrap yards where i can go for a wander round, need to try and get a few little bits for my car (and my mum & dads golf & A6 avant) but all the ones i have seen wont let me walk around they will say what do i want and because they are only small bits they will just say that they dont keep them.

but also, would be good to know where there is a few just incase i need to go for some bigger parts... hopefully not :D

stew

theres some in northwich not tofar away northwich metals and the one net door to it, also car transplants in nantwich not winsford

Im another manchester member and they are shocking down here in the leigh/wigan area if they dont want to break a part from another they want 5quid for a poxy console switch that and ive never seen anything above a boston in my 3 scrap yards

the only 2 i know of that will let you have a wonder around are
1 in warrington behind the big b&q next to the train tracks
2 in st helens, atlas salvage on 20 jackson street

atlas salvage is my favorite of the 2, they just let you walk in without asking what you want and there cheap ive had super s steering wheels £5 and a k10 5 speed gearbox for £40 and guranteed for 30 days

A1 Jap Spares in east Manchester is pretty cool. OEM parts made by the same people who make parts for Nissan (Valeo headlight for example) for 1/3-1/2 the price. They're at the end of along muddy track full off potholes so if you're slammed, go with a mate :).

That's the one. It's a massive scrappy but they also sell new parts in the portakabin. Bare in mind what I said about the access track. It was a 'mare in a 30mm lowered K11 :eek: :laugh:.

well mine is stock suspension....for now anyway :D
gonna be fun over potholes as my springs are uber uber soft, and shocks are uber uber hard :D

A1 Jap Spares in east Manchester is pretty cool. OEM parts made by the same people who make parts for Nissan (Valeo headlight for example) for 1/3-1/2 the price. They're at the end of along muddy track full off potholes so if you're slammed, go with a mate :).

(Y) Could i finaly have a scrapyard that are reasonable on prices and stock more than the L and boston range!!!

Back