Yaris starting problem

right guys i need your opinion on what could be wrong

yesterday when i went to leave work the yaris was slow to start, turned the key and the starter sounded weak

went to go to town today to go shopping but nothing, turned the key and the battery was dying, luckily i live on a hill so bump started it without a problem, drove around for awhile with the rear demister on to get the alternator going.

went to take my mum to our local farm shop and yet again it wouldn't start so i bump started it again

got home put the battery on charge.... fully charged I tried again.... nothing, it tries to started but the battery sounds like it's dying but it's fully charged?!?!

I'm guessing I need a new battery, what do you think?

don't have a voltmeter :down: and no way of getting to a diy shop without driving....... talk about catch 22

bumpstart it take batt off while cars running, mind the + dont touch earth/body
see if altenator is giving power from the + / - (connect bulb or something?)

Jobs done (after the rugby lol) got the battery out of the mazda put it in the yaris and started straight away

Well the goes the last remains of my first micra (the battery) :down:

You could keep it in a well labelled jar Karl. Very useful stuff for cleaning stonework and flags :).

You can top the old fashioned, non sealed ones with de-ionised water but they start off filled with sulphuric acid (h2so4)

Back