WTB: Turbo bits for CG13DE

CMF_nas55s

» CMF Member
Hey guys, I'm after turbo bits for my car. Turbo wise I'd prefer a small turbo such as the TD04. Any manifold to suit a turbo. ECU if available. Anything else please let me know what you have.

Also if anyone has any advice for me in regards to boosting my micra I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

CMF_Majiga

» CMF Member
Just have a look at Dan's diy build he did it all himself and it still cost a fortune. Or you could look at my build but the costs are horryfying and divorce worthy. Unless your prepared to spend out the arse or your one hell of a welder (been said tons of times before) suspension, throttle body, injectors and some decent extractors and they are fun enough.

CMF_nas55s

» CMF Member
Majiga WROTE:

"Just have a look at Dan's diy build he did it all himself and it still cost a fortune. Or you could look at my build but the costs are horryfying and divorce worthy. Unless your prepared to spend out the arse or your one hell of a welder (been said tons of times before) suspension, throttle body, injectors and some decent extractors and they are fun enough.

hm. i've seen people with other similar sized cars (starlets etc) that just run a turbo with stock ecu, 6psi boost and they see some gains. that's what i was just planning to do. i dont want mass amounts of horsepower haha.

CMF_kovert.k11

» CMF Member
not sure y i waste my time and effort some times, but as i mentioned to u before, track down a hks bolt on kit - minimal ****around, small turbo that constantly sits on boost, and won't break the bank..fuel pump, injectors, FPR and custom dump pipe (as the hks item is a piece of ****) = boosted fun..TD04 will be laggy as without supporting mods

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
Advice/Warning
My build is much like Dan's, except I am doing my own welding and fabrication. I don't feel like torturing myself or you by itemizing every expense, suffice to say that I'm easily 25 grand deep with micra purchase, and all parts (however I can safely say that no part came from a low quality brand).

Please please please follow some sensible advice and do what Majiga said:
(adding loads of info for persuasion :)

sr20 throttlebody plus adaptor fabrication - $150-250
rb25afm, $50
custom cold air intake with pod filter, $50-200 depends on how u make and materials used.
a modified fuel rail, $100-300 depends on repurchase from forums or fabrication at shop.
extractors, $300ish
safc 2/neo or emanage blue or nistune chip flash to tune in the performance, $400-1000 can you tune?
new sports exhaust, $500?
coilover suspension, $1000 or thereabouts
upsized front disc brakes, $500 with old brake calipers, new discs and pads
front and rear sway bar, panhard rod and front strut support bar $1000 probably but im spitballing this price.
Sharper deg cams, $400-1000 old, ground or new your choice.
lightweight flywheel, $100-500, machined oem wheel or buy new japland gear.
Exedy HD clutch for that fun 'extra bite'

After all that the car is hella fun to drive and has set me back (on my daily driver, not my build car)

$2000 initial car purchase
plus approx $6500 all up. over a year or so.
The only other option is that HKS kit and even though I hunt import monster and ebay japan, I've only seen it once in the last year online...

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
Semi on topic post :D

I was in a mates ae92gze (which has a fair bit of work done) last weekend and a green panel bashed starlet smashed us from 3rd gear down the stretch. Complete sleeper and was probably pushing 140kw at the wheels.

Was completely awesome to watch even though we got smashed ;)

CMF_kovert.k11

» CMF Member
Pierce WROTE:

safc 2/neo or emanage blue or nistune chip flash to tune in the performance, $400-1000 can you tune?

pffft...not sure why u'd bother going with a piggy-back ECU solution...if u were gonna part with coin and do it proper, u'd go with a standalone management solution - not some girly pissweak **** that does nothing but control a/f ratios.. i had a tuner tell me that a high-end ecu can give you an extra 40kw
*edit* with aftermarket/standalone setup, u won't need to **** around with AFM

Back