wtb: throttle body adaptor

CMF_barney

» CMF Member
hey all,

Was wondering if anyone has a throttle body adaptor to bolt a sr20 throttle body onto a std intake manifold. I saw a thread where there was a group buy on some custom ones a while ago.
Even if someone has one that i can borrow to measure up.
Thought i would ask before i start making my own one up.

Cheers, Brad.

CMF_Danvillan

» CMF Member
What mods have you done?

I think the biggest restriction comes from the intake manifold. On an N/A motor surely a ga16 TB would suffice (which is straight bolt on). If you're boosting then a custom intake manifold to take a sr20 would be the go.

I'm not sure but may need a remap to run the sr20 tps plus there is no MAF sensor in the sr20 tb so you have to mount a remote MAF sensor in the intake somewhere, plus the loss of ICV.

More drama than it's worth IMO.

Just seems like a big job to make an adaptor plate for little (if any) reward.

CMF_barney

» CMF Member
Ive got a aftermrket ecu which is using a map sensor, so no need for a afm. Plus i have a spare sr20 throttle body.

The engine is fairly std, about to install extractors and make a new exhaust to go with a another motor which has had the head decked. So nothing to crazy.

Once it all goes in i will tune it on 100 octane united pulp.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
mine went well with an SR20 t/b on brad (and QG injectors/better inlet cam/modded exhaust)
in fact i,ve only so far since shaved .2 secs from my 1/4 mile time with various turbo,s !
my adapter retains the 2 front bolt positions, and the plate is simply sandwiched between the t/b and mani

CMF_Danvillan

» CMF Member
If you got an after market computer w/ MAP sensor then it won't be too much of a drama.

Still dont think it will be much better than a ga16 TB.

If your going to run a hi-comp motor why don't you go for quad TB? then you can piss the intake manifold off.

Just a thought.

Back