WTB Suspension

CMF_K11 Khanacar

» CMF Member
Does anyone have front and rear sway bars surplus to their needs? Just got the Micra registered and surprised how much it floats around. Using the car for Khanacross so don't want to go low but want to stiffen it up and make it handle as well as I can. Trying to keep costs down so second hand is my best option.

Will the sway bars make a considerable difference to the floaty feeling of stock suspension? Any other cheap improvements that should be looked at?

Thanks

Greg

CMF_boingk

» CMF Member
Hi mate all springs especially were never great stock and are now 20ish years old, having been run over potholes and loaded with Mavis's fat rear to take her equally fat-reared friend Jenny to bingo in the early 2000's.

Yay.

I'd recommend a set of King Springs standard 'Lows' as they drop height by 30~40mm and will stiffen things up a tad. eBay them for about $270 delivered the full set.

Bars will help stop body roll, but the stock springing is pretty soft and stretchy.

- boingk

CMF_K11 Khanacar

» CMF Member
Thanks Boingk

Can drop a bit but don't want too low, the tracks can be a rough but it will get thrown around pretty hard... Those springs sound like a good price compared to the coil overs that just went into my road car :)

Will look into those, thanks for the advice...

Still keen to hear on 2nd price for bars or springs.

Cheers G

CMF_boingk

» CMF Member
Whiteline front strut braces are about $200-$210 new, not sure about used. Have heard you can use a modified 180sx rear bar, theyre only $50?

CMF_plattsy

» CMF Member
ive got a a pair of stock front and rear sway bars you can have? 100 delivered.

so long as your not on the moon.

a few bolts and nuts and you can run duel front andf rear stock bars.

pick em up for 50. im in melbourne

CMF_K11 Khanacar

» CMF Member
I have never heard of running dual standard sway bars, how does that work and what's the overall net effect?

Preference is for a pre loved whiteline if anyone's out there thinking about it :)

Back