WTB: parcel tray

CMF_RoadsterGarage

» CMF Member
i couldnt care if the latches are broken to secure it in place, as long as it can hang off the bootlid.

mainly there to cover up my sub install and house some 6x9's.

Sydney area please, the cheaper the better.

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
sorry wo6g. Not trying to hijack ur thread but does anyone have a bright idea on how to reinforce the parcel tray? Couse mine is bending like a bannana with my 6x9's in it. However i reinforce it i would then like to cover it in say some black leather upholstry (sp?) or something similiar. Any ideas?

CMF_littlebear

» CMF Member
You could both make up custom made ones from MDF. Personally I ****en hate big heavy speakers like 6x9's 'cos the boot door struts can't handle the extra weight and the damn thing is always falling on my head! :p

CMF_Pierce

» CMF Member
haha, never had that happen to me littlebear, by the way, what day did you post that cluster cause im still waitin, stupid post office..

Good idea on the mdf though, just need to find a mate with a jigsaw, maybe hit up my old highschool workshop hahaha, seriously though, mdf slightly thicker than the stock tray and foam inserts on top and bottom with a nice black carpet or leather upholstery sounds good to me. will look sick with my soundstream "spider" speaker covers, maybe i will paint them to give some color difference.

drool...

CMF_littlebear

» CMF Member
I reckon you'll need 12mm MDF so stop sagging unless you reinforce it. Then with the combined weight of the shelf, 6x9s and a fully sick Sub you'll need to buy a turbo set up to get the car launched and n15 brakes to stop again (from me of course!) Hell, I'll even throw in a free micra.com.au sticker ;D

While you are at Bunnings buying the MDF grad a $15 jigsaw too!!

SS gauge is posted but std post so I reckon you should get today or even tomorrow Pierce. Enjoy.

Back