Nissan Primera rear speakers on k11 parcel shelf

I'm scrapping my Primera in a few days so thought I would rip the rear speakers out and put them in the Micra.

The main reason was I wanted them to look standard fit.

I don't like the attention a set of 6x9s get from thieves.

1. I made a 5 Inch template.

2. Marked the middle of the parcel shelf. Then marked the speakers out evenly and drew around the template.

3. I then cut out the holes for the speakers. A jig saw would of been ideal but a hacksaw blade and drill worked fine.

4. I needed to cut off the plastic legs from the speaker surrounds as they were interfering with the speakers.

Before:

After:

5. I drilled and mounted the speakers.

This is a few pics of where the rear speaker wiring is located.

6. I stripped the old wiring from the Primera and it fits perfectly. I mean wire length wise. Just complete luck.

7. I stripped the plug for the speakers. The key to stripping the plug is to use a small screw driver to pull the small plastic part up and pull the wire at the back. This is as good a picture as I could get.

8. I connected the wires up. I stripped the end of the primera wires and wrapped them around the original wires. Then used some electrical tape to secure them.

9. I then put all the wires back into the plug. I used a pair of long nose pliers to pull them through. Then i just tapped it all up using electrical tape.

10. The last step is to glue down the surrounds and tidy up the wiring. I will do this tomorrow.

The speakers sound really good. Alot better than 6x9s. I just hate the sound that comes from them.

Back