Blower resistor?

Hi all I have just got myself a micra k12 sprot+ 1.5 diesel
After just fixing the radio and the ignition I am wondering why I havent got any heater fans working.
Looking through the internet it seems that the resistor pack breaks down over time.
Could this be my problem? I do not have any speed settings at all.
Taking it out and looking at it there seems to be no real evidence of anything just a silver card? This Right?
also looking behind the dash controls there is a little 2 pronged plug spare? would this have anything to do with it?

Thank you in advance and sorry if this has been covered elsewhere.
Gareth

The resistor problem is usually a k11 problem, have you accidentally unplugged the controller whilst fixing the radio (assuming you had the radio out)

Ok had all radio and dash out to find that I havent unplugged anything. :( there is a spare plug behind there but it doesn't go to anything I am guessing it was an optional extra.

So problem still persists
I have no blower at all on any speed, any ideas?

Replaced resistor and no joy :(

Could it be linked to the ignition as I took the ignition switch apart to fix it. Has anyone got a wiring diagram so I can check power to the control unit

I've emailed you the electrical section of the ESM. The main blower relay is triggered by the ignition switch :).

Thank you.
Do you think if I have messed up the ignition switch and have somehow managed to make that the only wire from it that doesn't work. (sod's law)
I would be able to bridge another live from the ones that are already there as everything else seems to be working and I don't fancy taking the switch apart again lol

Thanks again

OK it sorted now. It was the ignition switch which I must of slightly got wrong when I put it back together, but instead of risking everything again and as everything else was working I have just bridged the accessory live with the blower which works fine as the accessory live only comes on with the ignition at position 3.
Thank you for all your help and my new micra is all working nicely.

WOOHOOO!!!!!

:))

Good stuff :). IIRC, that relay works off positions 3 and 4 of the ignition.

Back