WTB - Gearbox

CMF_33driver

» CMF Member
Hey Guys,

Gearbox is definitely on its last legs, need a manual box to suit a K11 Micra. Let me know what you guys got!

Pref Brisbane area but open to all ideas/offers at this stage.

Cheers,
Matt

CMF_33driver

» CMF Member
bearing noise, and the gears themselves i think are badly worn.

Its bearing noise at idle, but in all the gears now its a loud grinding sound (like raw metal), I think the hard coating on the gears has warn off.

Its just started playing up when downshifting from 5th to 4th as well, I think the spring that centers it is broken or breaking. Car has done 320k to a fair bit :)

Car drives fine, but the down shifting issue has made me start hunting again.

CMF_33driver

» CMF Member
yeah that was my other option, but to be honest, the thought of having to sort out custom drive shafts put me off. Interested to hear form anyone that has done it though, maybe its not that bigger deal to do

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
33driver WROTE:

"yeah that was my other option, but to be honest, the thought of having to sort out custom drive shafts put me off. Interested to hear form anyone that has done it though, maybe its not that bigger deal to do

my guess is that the CG spiders would fit into the GA pots (just a big circlip to remove iirc), or else the GA spiders would slide onto the CG bare shaft ?

frank

CMF_Mickb

» CMF Member
33driver WROTE:

"yeah, 2 locally, they want $450 for one, and $350 for the other, I'll grab the $350 if I have to, but they really aren't worth that, they have sold on here for $100 usually.

where is bris are you?
im going to a wrecker 2morro.. northside

CMF_33driver

» CMF Member
Mickeybbb WROTE:

"33driver WROTE:

"yeah, 2 locally, they want $450 for one, and $350 for the other, I'll grab the $350 if I have to, but they really aren't worth that, they have sold on here for $100 usually."</div>

where is bris are you?

im going to a wrecker 2morro.. northside

live south, but work northside, the two wreckers I've check with are my normal haunts, but both on southside, if you see one, let me know! What wreckers you going to?

CMF_Polarbear

» CMF Member
I can't recall what's on the 2 Micras in the wreckers near me. ABC Oxley has 2 Micras in their yard. I THINK one is a CVT... maybe call them?

Also if you find a condensor fan in amongst the wrecker hunt please let me know what wreckers. I'm getting desperate for my aircon!

CMF_Mickb

» CMF Member
ABC Oxley are good, been there many times.

wreckers at Brendale has 2 manual micras (1 w/ power steering)
both gearboxes are still there. $150 if u remove it yourself.
Probably could talk em down to $100 if u were really keen.

I could probably remove it for ya, but it would cost you your old gb and a carton. Some cars are hard to get to, stacked 2/3 high :)

CMF_33driver

» CMF Member
Mickeybbb WROTE:

"ABC Oxley are good, been there many times.

wreckers at Brendale has 2 manual micras (1 w/ power steering)

both gearboxes are still there. $150 if u remove it yourself.

Probably could talk em down to $100 if u were really keen.

I could probably remove it for ya, but it would cost you your old gb and a carton. Some cars are hard to get to, stacked 2/3 high :)

Winner!, I'll have a chat to my mechanic, but might take you up on your offer ;)

Cheers,
Matt

Back