WTB MICRA SUPER S

CMF_Greo

» CMF Member
the engine is no different. still the 1.3litres of fury.

ABS + rear discs do help the braking. they dont heat up as quickly either. but not all Super s have abs.

body work wise its the spoiler bumpers, popable rear windows and sunroof.

My SuperS was $4000 last year.
A nice slx/lx can be up $2500 more if modded.

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
Nothing wrong with lx/slx brakes, mine have been more than up to the task for supersprints and hillclimbs.

I paid $2000 for my Super S with rego and a replacement motor, 200,000km on the clock. Wasn't mint but wasn't below average either.

CMF_Grev

» CMF Member
Greo WROTE:

"the engine is no different. still the 1.3litres of fury.

ABS + rear discs do help the braking. they dont heat up as quickly either. but not all Super s have abs.

body work wise its the spoiler bumpers, popable rear windows and sunroof.

My SuperS was $4000 last year.

A nice slx/lx can be up $2500 more if modded.
Doesn't the brake pedal activate the front brakes only? If so then a LX/SLX with pulsar n14 brake conversion would give even more powerful brakes?

CMF_Greo

» CMF Member
Grev WROTE:
Doesn't the brake pedal activate the front brakes only? If so then a LX/SLX with pulsar n14 brake conversion would give even more powerful brakes?

It does not.
The pedal displaces fluid in the master cyl which causes the pistons in the brake calipers to clamp all the brakes. Both front and back.

The hand brake is a mechanical system that clamps the rears only, allowing them to be locked on.

CMF_Mimz

» CMF Member
Greo WROTE:

"Grev WROTE:

"</div>

It does not.

The pedal displaces fluid in the master cyl which causes the pistons in the brake calipers to clamp all the brakes. Both front and back.

The hand brake is a mechanical system that clamps the rears only, allowing them to be locked on.

It also allow more bias to the front brake than the rear usually 80/20 or thereabout. hence for such a light car like the micra 750ish kg rear disc isnt an advantage over drum disc.

Back