Worn keys!

Hi

My 98 1.3GX has a pair of very worn keys which I presume are the originals. They are worn to such a degree that I fear one might snap off leaving me stranded.

Given the wear I cannot get a key cut and tape up a Nats chip next to the sensor. The current lockset might have been changed so even if I bought a new key from Nissan Ouch(how much?) it might not fit.

This is my planned way forward........Is it possible to get a 2nd hand ignition switch and keys only. Then use these, but utilising the old keys nat chip and tape it next to the Nats sensor.

If you have any ideas, please let me know.

Thank you

Nigel

if you get nearly any nissan key it will start your car as most likely the ignition is worn alot too, once you keep the chip near the ring:p

Big key cutting chains will only cut you a new chipped key (Timsons charge £80 :wow:)
With our customers, we remove the chip and attach it to the back of the transponder ring and have a key cut at the local small key cutter guy for £5.

We always offer them the choice but so far no-ones gone to Timsons! LOL!

Think the alarm was an option on the GX in 1998, they dont all have it. We have an S reg GX in the now (the one on our blog) it doesnt have an alarm.

i'm saying, any car needs one fitted at least a cheapo one working of interior light current unless their leds:grinning:

Back