World Cup Advice (in papers)

Dusk, in my opinion I consider what you're saying to be racism. You're saying that to be English, then you must have an english descendant.

So in your opinion an American person could play on the English team, because his roots are English, is he English or American? Are Americans American? People like English, French, etc went over there and took it from the natives.

My sister who is same nationality as me, although whole immediate family was born in England, but have a Scottish family, we must be scottish, married a man from Uganda, and had my niece. She was born in Scotland, so what's her nationality, can't be Uganda imo, she can't even speak. As far as I'm concerened she's Scottish, but has lived in England for the past 10 years. She can't remember living in Scotland, what is she?

You're saying, a black person cannot be English, which is down right racist, no other option.

Your family will be of mixed roots, so are you not English?

Your nationality is dependant on your citizenship and birth. There's no questioning it

Alienfish360 said:
Dusk, in my opinion I consider what you're saying to be racism. You're saying that to be English, then you must have an english descendant.

So in your opinion an American person could play on the English team, because his roots are English, is he English or American? Are Americans American? People like English, French, etc went over there and took it from the natives.

My sister who is same nationality as me, although whole immediate family was born in England, but have a Scottish family, we must be scottish, married a man from Uganda, and had my niece. She was born in Scotland, so what's her nationality, can't be Uganda imo, she can't even speak. As far as I'm concerened she's Scottish, but has lived in England for the past 10 years. She can't remember living in Scotland, what is she?

You're saying, a black person cannot be English, which is down right racist, no other option.

Your family will be of mixed roots, so are you not English?

Your nationality is dependant on your citizenship and birth. There's no questioning it

thats rubbish...bratian had hardly any blacks utill they started coming over in 1948ish..britain was invaded by people from basicly the same genetic bakground untill 1948ish yes thats a fact

Just come across this thread and had to add my bit. I love a bit of intelligant debate! :D

Dusk said:
Political Correctness is all about setting acceptable terms for certain actions/words - and then punishing those who deviate from them.
Its a very communist thing imo.

..big brother is watching.. "how is the war?" - "we are doing well" - "is there really a war?" *person vanishes for a weeks worth of brainwashing* I love 84, has anyone seen the film version as well as read the book?

1984 is one of my favorite books and Orwell was a genious. What you've got to remember is though, is that he was against ANY kind of authoritarian control of society (wether it be communist or fascist). That can come from either a government, or coperate culture (claims-direct type companies, for example), or both.

At the end of the day, I think that PC is a problem, but that its caused by stupid, reactionary people and money grabbing law firms. Its not usually the government that disagrees in principle with kids singing "bah bah black sheep" in school, or playing conkers in the playground, etc, but its stupid people within that government and the schools who are terrified of being sued who disagree.

I mean, when have you ever actually heard of a politician, a parent, or a child who would actually be offended by any of that stuff? 99.9% of the time these stupid decisions are made by snotty, misguided little civil servants in local councils that aren't run properly.

I have got do disagree on some of the views on the black players in the England football team and homosexuality though. I mean, I agree the rules on international player selections are a bit lax (I mean, I could play for England, Ireland or Wales for christs sake), but if someone has spent most of their life in a country, I consider them to be a resident of that nation. Ethnicity doesn't play a part.

As for homosexuality, I have studied the nature/nurture arguments in sociology and I beleive that some people can be born gay, and some can become gay through life experiences, but theres no single answer. At the end of the day, I'm confident of my sexuality, so I wouldn't have a problem about myself or kids learning about it in school. I mean, how many 8 year olds couldn't tell you what gay means anyway?? Its not as though its breaking any taboos is it.

Just to add, it all depends on how you deffine "political correctness". I mean, if you look at the terrible attitudes of british society towards black, asian and irish people as recent as the 1960's, then surley an element of political correctness must be a good thing.

If your reffering to what we now know as "political correctness" in modern times, then I think it just comes down mostly to a lack of common sense in people and fear of seeming racist, or being sued.

Ok, said my bit lol.

Oh and to get back to the original post, I personally couldn't care less if England fans in Germany sang their songs in English, German or Urdu. I've got more important things to do to be honest (speaking as a non-football fan) lol.

Interesting thread though.

gam1984 said:
example), or both.
As for homosexuality, I have studied the nature/nurture arguments in sociology and I beleive that some people can be born gay, and some can become gay through life experiences, but theres no single answer.

homosexuality is a past time like beastiality ....can you be born to "procreate" with animals?

"gay" people are freak of nature..

im also satisfied with who i am and my sexuality i dont feel threatend by them in anyway TBH i think its the other way around.

lets all turn gay and die in one generation ...hmm

RIK said:
homosexuality is a past time like beastiality ....can you be born to "procreate" with animals?

"gay" people are freak of nature..

im also satisfied with who i am and my sexuality i dont feel threatend by them in anyway TBH i think its the other way around.

lets all turn gay and die in one generation ...hmm

lol looks like thats the gay members of the MSC alienated then! :)

Gemma85 said:
This conversation got way over my head posts ago! Go England Yeh!

Don't worry about it, its beginning to get over mine too :rolleyes:

Go Wales!....oh ###### :doh:

Gemma85 said:
A freak of nature is a bit harsh each to there own the world would be boring if we were all the same! :alien:

if you look up "freak" and "nature" it will make more sense.it is a fact

people cant wrap others in cotton wool all the time.people need to step back take time out and think about things a little more

edit:it wasnt harsh.it wasnt aimed at anyone

Why should we all be the same tho black white gay straight what the hell does it matter its everyones world so everyone should be accepted for who they are

if people want to be accepted its upto the individual to decide if they want to accept that person for what they are.if i dont want to accept 1 person for whatever reeason thats my choice.i dindt say we should all be the same,im sayng its wrong and if i dont want to accept those people into my life i dont have to.

oo debates!

im white, born in england, my mother is irish and my father is welsh, i now live in scotland and im immensley proud to call myself british. because, well, its what i am.

as a country, we are exceptionally lazy at learning a foreign language and expect, as all english speaking people do, for every student to learn our language and be a fluent speaker when they visit our country. however, if you look on the MSC for example, we have several members who do not speak english as their first language (no longer allowed to be called "mother tongue" for those PC people, as it is sexist) yet have learnt it enough to post in english, yet how many of us can post on a german website in understandable german?

despite that... i will be singing (mainly because i will be intoxicated) my national anthem in ENGLISH.

And, on the view of football, there is only one british player on the arsnal first team.

goldstar0011 said:
i was only talking about football

and all this started because i wanted to say "rofl" to the above :D

Who is this British player in Arsenal team, there is either none, or 3 if you ask me.

Gemma85 said:
Why should we all be the same tho black white gay straight what the hell does it matter its everyones world so everyone should be accepted for who they are

Well said Gem, tbh i wouldn't try and argue with Rik!!!! He never backs down on any silly comment he comes out with!!!! :p

Ems said:
Well said Gem, tbh i wouldn't try and argue with Rik!!!! He never backs down on any silly comment he comes out with!!!! :p

ive had enuff of this thread..i have said what i want to and its all true.it wasnt me giving opinions

RIK said:
i have said what i want to and its all true.it wasnt me giving opinions

if you say what you want doesnt it make it your opinion regardless of whether or not it is factual?

Well, me and my girlfriend were going to fly out to Japan at the end of the year and try for a baby. We will return to japan 10 months later and she will give birth to my Japanese child. :D

To force tolerance of others upon people is more wrong than what sodomy/beastiality may be occouring... Having relationships with people of the same gender for example - if someone wants to do it, for whatever mental reason - then fine! ...BUT dont tell us that we have to accept it. It is a sexual preference, equal to that of people being attracted to young children; in todays society it is seen as WRONG, which in my opinion it is, but to force the tolerence of it and to FORCE me to belive its acceptable without being called a Bigot or whatever, is certainly MORE than wrong.

Layla said:
if you say what you want doesnt it make it your opinion regardless of whether or not it is factual?
no

i have said what i want to = i could say more but wont.

Back