World Cup Advice (in papers)

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
I read front page of Sun and straight away I was like WTF!!!

English fans are being asked to sing our footy songs in German in case we offend them!
What?!
We have got to be the most pathetic country in the world now!
Have Germany asked us to do it? I doubt it!

Our Government has got to be the most ridiculous in history (Mean Micra, help me got one of those masks), don't sing Bar Bar Black sheep in case it offends other ethnics, don't sing English footy songs in other countries in case they get a little upset an maybe cry!

I agree we need to polite over there, none of those stupid Hitler jokes but this is football, I;m not a huge fan of it but when for England it's all in good spirit and all footy fans know the score!

Oh well, another excuse for "politics" to screw over the English!

That's a load of bull. I bet they're laughing in Germany!!!! R fan's going to listen tho...........err........no!!!!!! Can't wait till the world cup!!!! :D

I wonder how many other countries have to do this..honestly our goverment were english supporting an english team they should all speak in english to make us feel welcome if this is the case and they cant or they shouldnt be able to speak german in our country as it may offend

Yeah i noticed this on sky news...my main question is why ?

I can see the point for the odd thing, but going along with if your a football supporter while your in germany please speak german is pointless after all im not german.

What? - The English football team isnt even close to being 50% English.
How many manchester born players play for the "Manchester City/United" team for example? There is no Nationalism or Patriotism to anything anymore, it has been outlawed, and is on the same par as Racism and Bigotry.

No, Racism is when you prejudice or discriminate against someone because of the colour of someone skin other to that of your own, and to think someone inferiour to anyone else based on their race. NOT RELIGION(had to add that)

And example would be, I can see that this picture of the england football team:
http://www.popartuk.com/g/l/lgsp0164.jpg
I can safely say that that picture includes 5 people that ARENT English.

Some would say its racism, i say - its a fact. It certainly doesnt come under the dictionary definition of "racism" as i am mearly stating a fact.

So why are they on our ENGLISH team?

Therefore, to tell someone to speak german in germany is pritty funny, because what if we dont know german? Surely that must be a breach of human rights... i can see it now...

POLICE: Please you foreign entity of our lands(as PC as you can get), can you please jump up and touch the celing.
YOU: Sorry i cant do that.
POLICE: Other people can.
YOU: Well i cant.
POLICE: To jail with you!!

Replace "jump up and touch the ceiling" with "Speak German" and you will see how stupid there request is.

spracken si deutsch!!! i beg your pardon...

nah this wont happen at all... the government can talk to my hand...

we were told that for the world cup promo at work no england flag (put up a gb flag instead) i was like wtf, my bum we aint putting one up... i'm english, we support england and were in england derr...

i think we should all take megaphones across and sing out loud, as if its against the law or something,

Goldstar id love to get a V mask and wear it with me england top...

currently we play this demo at work:)
_39921652_eriksson2.jpg

soon they will get germans to play for us were as not to afend!!!!!
why dont we just have one team then then there would be peace!!!!

there so odd

**** leaning the song's agen in german when im drunk they hard in english

Forgive me if I havethe wrong end of the stick, but are you saying that teh black players are not English and also Rooney, because he has Irish Grandparents?

anyone born in England has the chance to play for England...

The English as an ethnic group originated in the lowlands of Great Britain and are descended primarily from the Anglo-Saxons and Scandinavians, with minor influences from the Celts, Jutes, Normans, and later Jews, Afro-Caribbeans, Indians and diverse other groups. The OED defines an English person as: one who is English by birth, descent or naturalisation. In this context the term "English" can describe people belonging to diverse races.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_(people)

Im saying that the critera for being in "The ENGLISH team" is very laxx.
Its like 2 mermaids coming to shore in africa, having a baby and he can be the olymipic swimmer for africa because techically, he was born there!!
...its pritty far fetched - but you see my arguement!

yes thats correct as our great nation and its brits are from many different backgrounds including mixed races... mostly from scandinavia actually...

so most brits down the line have mixed blood just depends when...

what if you was born on a plane with a white christian mother and a black muslim farther?

what would you be then? answers on a postcard please

obviously...

its nice to see when you dont have an answer you resort to name calling... says alot about your charecter mate honestly...

i've no problem with anyone who is born in this great nation of ours being proud of it as i am.... i love england cos its the best country in the world imo and yes i have travelled the world and still love england... :)

I wasnt name calling, there was a face named that i swear... :rolleyes

I seriously doubted that anyone could honestly say the words you were saying in all seriousness, that is all. It seems that you have been touched with the PC wand that is trying to condition the nation of our country today. And for a few of us, its certainly not having any effect, perhaps for you sir, its too late.

Last chance:
If a micra was built in England, is it english or japanese

rik honestly its a country at the top just look around at the world and its problems we dont have half the worlds problems but i do agree there is a bid percentage of the government that create issues at our expense...

but i really think the biggest problem is national pride, we just aint got enough of it we need more... but once you travel the world you really do appreciate england and especially its people...

mean micra said:
but i really think the biggest problem is national pride, we just aint got enough of it we need more... but once you travel the world you really do appreciate england and especially its people...
We will NEVER have national pride if mermaids are born here as english citizens who then cannot speak our own language. Asking us not to discriminate for them having no legs, the state providing them wheelchairs at a larger cost to the state than the tax the mermaids pay to the state.
Relate that to real life. - Its pritty easy.

Dusk said:
It seems that you have been touched with the PC wand that is trying to condition the nation of our country today.

too many have had PC rammed down their throat and accepted it..and try to be PC.....but instead they just dont say "black" or "muslim" anymore.and look in shock when they hear it .

we are not allowed (when being PC) to sy the man is black..but yet we call ourselves white? ,,the page im typing on is white.im not white lol but we are called white.

RIK said:
we are not allowed (when being PC) to sy the man is black..but yet we call ourselves white? ,,the page im typing on is white.im not white lol but we are called white.

100% agree RIK... why is it white people get the short straw all the time its just not fair on young white children being brought up to respect others but not themselves...

ADMIN: i know we've gone off subject abit but this is good chat and is quite interesting... ta

Uh-oh i dont really like getting onto the subject of people being black and white, its touchy ground, im sure some people will know my feelings, but i dont wish to discuss them, so ill go for the anti-PC side of the argument ;)

What you said before Rik about Political Correctness, and what i said about it conditioning our nation as a whole, it is getting out of hand. I posted on another forum that i frequent and it was about Clause28, if you dont know what that is, it is about the teaching of homosexuality of schools.
MM - You will see how it relates to your argument of "born in xx country now".
I was watching a program on tv "banned in britian" last night i think.. and it said about why it was abolished and why homosexuality should be taught in schools.
The reason they gave was; and i quote..

"The education of Homosexual relationships is the same as teaching French Laungages - Does teaching people French make them French, so why does teaching Homosexual relationships make people Gay."

Another quote was "You are either BORN gay BORN straight or BORN bi-sexual, this is utter nonsence, it would be like TEACHING someone to be a woman or teaching someone to be black!"

All of which is nonsence; First of all they are trying to put homosexuality on the same par as learning french. Secondly, i dont see any "straight classes" where they teach you about normal relationships. Thirdly they are trying to tell us that you can "be born gay" when it is 100% proven that is NOT genetic or otherwise, and anyone that has studied Nurture and Nature can understand.

They are filtering nonsence talk through the TV of every home in Britian, and saying that it is FACT when it certainly is not, and the weak minded of us are brainwashed with this nonsence.

We are all being conditioned, Orwells 84 proves that.

yeh dusk i watched that last night aswell, its on again tonight CH4...

i agreed with some points but not with a lot of it...

i agree with you dusk about conditioning, we all get conditioned from a small age by teachers and parents. as we grow up we get conditioned by friends tv and politicians... all our life we get conditioned but at the end of the day we all end up making our own minds up what to believe and who we choose to believe...

and dusk im proud that you actually say what you feel it, not enough people are honest like you... i respect others views even if its not the same as my own...

any ways gone off the point... come on England...:)

FACT:homosexuality is not natural.you cnnot be born "gay" it is everyones point in life to reproduce. it is that persons choice to be "gay" becuse they enjoy it

**scratches head**

I was only talking about football...lol

But there are some very good views here and it's good to see that people seem to be allowing other people opinions without getting persoanlly offended, when 2 people get upset over the view of 1 person, that person usually is made to stop expressing it which is wrong.

Hehe that is what this whiole PC thing is all about, stopping all views so that nobody has any chance of being offended.

Crap, I may just have offended PC people, therefore these views are non-PC so should be banned - d'oh!

Political Correctness is all about setting acceptable terms for certain actions/words - and then punishing those who deviate from them.
Its a very communist thing imo.

..big brother is watching.. "how is the war?" - "we are doing well" - "is there really a war?" *person vanishes for a weeks worth of brainwashing* I love 84, has anyone seen the film version as well as read the book?

the thing is with PC stuff is not everyone want to llive with and mix with other race of people different religions,even send therir kids to a mixed race school...they donnt have that choice anymore and cant say what they want to without getting into bother.talk about fairness

its not offensive for somone to dislike anyone for what colour or race they are and theirs nothing wrong with that..but it is to tell them what they think

You should have the choice to send a child to a non mixed race school because it's your right but you'd have to cleary define a race.

There are schools around my area that are only populated with Muslims becasuse they've called it a Muslim Primary school, what IF a caucasian child wanted to go to that school? They couldn't because their beliefs would be offensive to them, yet if a Muslim child was the only one at a mixed race school they'd have to bend over to accommodate that child and all over student would be warned about what they can not say or do now.

I've always seen myself to be a fair and non-judgemental person but this is what I see happening, I could be being fed mis-leading information via the media services but thats how I get to my conclusions. The Government is guilty of not having a backbone on saying "shut up" when someone moans that things like Christmas is offensive, so now we will probably be saying "Merry Holiday of Giving Presents".

Peace out!!

Back