Wobbly clutch pedal

Hi

Ive brought a new micra (i say new its 1999 but only done 58k) its a great motor and i got a good deal only one thing is bugging me. The clutch pedal seems to be a bit wobbly, it sways side to side Slightly. Its probably nothing but it is bugging me. Is there a way to tighten it up?

Thanks

one bolt at the top of the pedal bracket accessed from under the cabin footwell,
and two nuts from the engine bay bulkhead side.

43090209.jpg

the support frame is quite flimsy but if the pedal has alot of loose lateral play, the pivot bush might be worn?

Is the bush easy to change? I could probably scav one of my old k11 (its an Lx pre facelift) as that is being scrapped (timing chain went).

easy

1. loosen clutch cable end locknut (under battery)
  2. loosen clutch cable end thumbscrew till you can unhook the cable end off the clutch arm
  3. unhook the other cable end off the clutch pedal (under the footwell)
  4. remove the 2 nuts holding the lower bracket to the bulkhead (engine bay)
  5. remove 1 bolt at the top of the bracket (under the footwell)
  6. swap assembly (under the footwell)
  7. fit the top bolt (under the footwell)
  8. fit 2 engine bay nuts (engine bay)
  9. hook cable back onto pedal (under the footwell)
  10. hook other end onto clutch arm (under battery)
  11. tighten the thumbscrew to its original position
  12. start engine
  13. test bite point in gear
  14. adjust thumbscrew till bite point is 1/2 way (tighten = higher bitepoint)
  15. tighten cable end locknut

Is the bush easy to change? I could probably scav one of my old k11 (its an Lx pre facelift) as that is being scrapped (timing chain went).
I have the same problem driving mines first time it was so loose and was like grinding a bit and felt like it will come off ? I checked but seems loose I will check Tommow mines lx preface maybe it's coz it's old 1994 model and rusty a lot, I'll have few parts if u have tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back