Groaning clutch pedal.

When idling at lights or slowly reversing etc, needing slow clutch pedal movements, the clutch pedal groans ... like as if it is dry or tight.

Wanting to avoid squirting WD40 all over the place could someone give me a hint about and clutch pedal/cable/runner that needs attention .............. it's real pain.

Many thanks! :)

Have not got a manual yet but one on the way ..... assuming that will cover it? I was hoping it would be a dry spring on the pedal :-(

If the clutch feels gritty on depressing and raising with the noise...your cable's on the way out - fraying, change it.
Spray the spring first though, see how that goes...might be lucky, I've had the same - oil worked for me then.
Be lucky.

I have same, pedal was very tight. Was broken clutch bearing

Attachments

• DSC05778.JPG
    DSC05778.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 463
Bearing in mind that my back isn't what it was so it was difficult to get a good view of what I was doing (is WD40 good for carpets :)) I sprayed where I assume the spring to be and it does seem much better. Both the engine and radio was off so even the slightest groan would have been heard so I may be lucky. I will try again tomorrow and hope for the best.

I had a similar noise on a Primera I had and the clutch cable did indeed snap but that was REALLY stiff, unlike this one.

Fingers crossed it is then! :)

That's good news :)
Wd40 is harmless enough
Give it a week and give it another shot.
Though if it does get stiffer at least you can draw on your experience and have a look at that cable :)

Mine just squeaks slightly when pressed, could Hear it quite a bit on saturday, its gone now tho I think. Well it's not as loud as it was on sat, just a squeak when it comes back up after being pressed

This still seems a problem as with the engine is off it is easy to here the groaning pedal. The operation does not seem stiff and there is no clutch judder. I guess the worst scenario is a problem with the release bearing or clutch but as I still have not got my Haynes manual (posted but not here yet) am I looking at a huge bill for clutch and/or is replacing the cable a possible job. ?

That's assuming it's not just a case of sticky cable. The car has been off the road for a few months due to owner illness.

Thoughts appreciated. Thanks

New K11 Micra owner here with same squeaky clutch problem. How do I get to the spring to try the WD40, just spray into it from the footwell?
If giving the pedal assembly and the gearbox assembly a quick spray doesn't fix the squeak, then just remove the cable and spray it directly down it. I'd just replace the cable though seeing as I'd gone to the trouble of removing it tbh.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

If giving the pedal assembly and the gearbox assembly a quick spray doesn't fix the squeak, then just remove the cable and spray it directly down it. I'd just replace the cable though seeing as I'd gone to the trouble of removing it tbh.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Thanks. I didn't realise how accessible it all was until I looked properly... :rolleyes:

The clutch spring itself looks freshly greased, but tried to get some WD40 onto the cable which has helped a little.

Tried WD40 but no joy. Two garages have told me I need a new clutch, so...

A couple of questions:
  1. Does £300-350 sound a lot for the work?
  2. Will the car fail its MOT if I ignore it?

Tried WD40 but no joy. Two garages have told me I need a new clutch, so...

A couple of questions:
  1. Does £300-350 sound a lot for the work?
  2. Will the car fail its MOT if I ignore it?

Back