Wiring of side repeater indicators K11

Hi All,

Just got my first Micra so first post on here.

It's a 1994 k11 1.0. Went to change what I thought was a blown bulb on the side repeater indicator. Pulled the unit out of the wing and it just kept coming. The cable appears to have been cut from the loom for some reason.

How can I wire in a new indicator (I'll have to pick up a new unit off e bay etc). Do I have to go up through the wheel arch liner to get to to the loom?

Thanks

hope you dont mind me asking but did you buy the car with the indicator not working?

can you not jusr re-wire the original looms together? so the same wire colours are re-joined! is it blown or straight cut?

the arch lining is a pain, but so is removing the wing, but in my opinion i would remve the wing to rewire!
remove headlight. 6bolts, 2 screws and the wing removes!!! then you have easy access to the loom!!!

sorry

What i would do is take the wires through the grommit in the side of the door. Usually there for Central locking & speakers but im sure you could cram a couple more in there. You shouldn't have to take the wing off then.

a22z

you only need to take the back half of the arch liner off and pull it forward, then neconnect it, 5 minute job !

Just checked both side repeaters and they have both been cut! I did buy it like that, one of the lenses was broken and I assumed the bulb had gone in the other (it was only £650).

Not sure why both were cut, I presume it was a half arsed atempt at resolving a shorting problem (it only had 2 owners in 13 years though).

Don't really fancy taking off the wings (or anything beyond a Haynes 3 spanner job! as it is only a knock around car and the repeaters are not an mot failiure {are they?}).

I'll have a crack at taking off the back half of the liner once it stops raining.

a22z

its probably had new wings, most cars have got no connectors and you have to cut them, i always used to extend the wires then fish them out with a hook after spraying

Back